• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,222 posts in this topic

So, not sure what everyone else experiences are but I've been looking at the 3rd prints for the last two months (as that is the only 'original' copy of #1 I own still) and the prices are all over the place and still getting crazier.

A decent mid/high grade raw file copy (with COA and signature by Eastman) sold in October for $670us. Flash forward to this month and BLAM...and absolute wrecked, crumpled, stained with water damaged copy issue sells for $567us. The lowest of the low are climbing (as those are often the only ones people feel they could afford) while the better grade ones are not going for that much more. The gap is very minor.

827425453_ScreenShot2020-12-02at9_21_26AM.thumb.png.8a2faebdf51ed3f89d3222381bc57253.png1677317145_ScreenShot2020-12-02at9_21_35AM.thumb.png.dcba4ca0c9e92ab2f4cdd03b641e2eac.png

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 11/18/2020 at 5:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was hesitant to post the pics due to its my first unboxing video and wanted feedback.

But in all fairness the pics have a lot fewer whatchamacallits or "and uh's"

Get to the point ADAMANTIUM :roflmao:

On 12/1/2020 at 6:09 PM, Gazoony said:

:)

20200827_040504.jpg

AWESOME COPY OF A SUPER HARD BOOK🤘🏆

On 12/2/2020 at 9:26 AM, Sauce Dog said:

So, not sure what everyone else experiences are but I've been looking at the 3rd prints for the last two months (as that is the only 'original' copy of #1 I own still) and the prices are all over the place and still getting crazier.

A decent mid/high grade raw file copy (with COA and signature by Eastman) sold in October for $670us. Flash forward to this month and BLAM...and absolute wrecked, crumpled, stained with water damaged copy issue sells for $567us. The lowest of the low are climbing (as those are often the only ones people feel they could afford) while the better grade ones are not going for that much more. The gap is very minor.

thx for sharing.   what's the latest on how 2nd prints are doing?

1 hour ago, pubmonkey said:

HA auction has 1 day 7hours and 42 minutes to go...

The results will be interesting as there are high grade copies that’ll set the price point going forward. 

Anybody have any predictions?

The 9.0 and 9.4 are definitely the ones to watch. I'm not that familiar with Heritage Auctions. Do people often wait until the last few minutes of an auction on a popular item to get into vicious bidding wars that drive the price way up, like on eBay? Or are the prices on the day before pretty close to the final bid?

53 minutes ago, tvindy said:

The 9.0 and 9.4 are definitely the ones to watch. I'm not that familiar with Heritage Auctions. Do people often wait until the last few minutes of an auction on a popular item to get into vicious bidding wars that drive the price way up, like on eBay? Or are the prices on the day before pretty close to the final bid?

Good question about the bidding. I haven’t sat through the end of a Heritage auction before but I will tomorrow. The increments between bids are quite large so sniping may not work as it does on EBay.

14 minutes ago, pubmonkey said:

Good question about the bidding. I haven’t sat through the end of a Heritage auction before but I will tomorrow. The increments between bids are quite large so sniping may not work as it does on EBay.

You won't be able to snipe like on Ebay, as after the auction closes online it goes to a 'live' bidding. Once the lot comes up everyone can bid again and this is where you will see lots of the action on books (and bidding increases the time remaining by 30 seconds to allow for others to counter)

42 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

I'm personally interested in watching what will happen with the CGC 9.8 TMNT #1 Fifth Print, as it is already at a record high of $456us (with bp)

Are you in the market for a 5th print or are you interested as you have one? 

The 5th print was not on any radar until this year. I remember seeing them in dollar bins around 5 years ago...

1 hour ago, pubmonkey said:

Are you in the market for a 5th print or are you interested as you have one? 

The 5th print was not on any radar until this year. I remember seeing them in dollar bins around 5 years ago...

I already have it and while I'm not wanting to sell it I'm interested in just keeping tabs on where they are going (I have one mid grade raw copy I use for reading, and then another 9.6ss).

I think it will be interesting to see where the 4th and 5th prints end up, as they are distinctly different books than the other first three prints. I love the cover for the 5th, so from an art perspective I can see appreciation for it growing as more people discover this 'affordable' TMNT #1.

Edited by Sauce Dog

2 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

You won't be able to snipe like on Ebay, as after the auction closes online it goes to a 'live' bidding. Once the lot comes up everyone can bid again and this is where you will see lots of the action on books (and bidding increases the time remaining by 30 seconds to allow for others to counter)

Hey everyone - I'm new here, but what drew me is that I'm actually selling some of my comic collection - Specifically, I'm downsizing my TMNTs right no!

So that Heritage Auction has my interest too!  There is sniping there too.   The "pre-bidding" is already really high on the super-key TMNT ones, like #1, 2, 3 early prints..   So I have a feeling, this whole covid year, and it's Christmas... people might splurge on some old nostalgia from their youth.  

Plus, it's a perfect storm with the CGC Kevin Eastman signing coming up.  I think it might be record prices!

On that note :)....  (for the Turtle on your list!)..

I'm selling the rest of my Turtles collection.  I'm keeping the few TMNT's that are near-and-dear to me, and the others - that are surely 9.4, or 9.6's, or (gasp) higher - are up for sale.

Let me know if anyone is interested in getting an unslabbed 9.4, 9.6 or 9.8, and I can send all kinds of photos - perfect timing! unslabbed, never been pressed, Eastman signing.

For me, I'm sending in my TMNT #5 (a chance at being a 9.9), my Raphael, my #4 1st print, and #1 3rd print in for the Eastman signing..

Cheers!

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_1287.JPG

IMG_5578.JPG

IMG_8870.JPG

IMG_6005.JPG

Man all the early stuff is really skyrocketing, even the one shots.  Haven’t been motivated to slab or sell any of the dupes I kept all these years but it may be time soon.  Will be interesting to see how well the price increases hold over the next few months.

22 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

I already have it and while I'm not wanting to sell it I'm interested in just keeping tabs on where they are going (I have one mid grade raw copy I use for reading, and then another 9.6ss).

I think it will be interesting to see where the 4th and 5th prints end up, as they are distinctly different books than the other first three prints. I love the cover for the 5th, so from an art perspective I can see appreciation for it growing as more people discover this 'affordable' TMNT #1.

5th print at $630 with bp...

Donatello 9.8 at $432 with bp...this one surprises me as does #10 9.8 at $312 with bp...

There are more bidders and trackers for the Blue label #2 9.8 ($2880 with bp) than the yellow label #2 9.8 ($2520 with bp) which is very interesting. Of course this is with 4 hours left so there will be adjustments.

the #1 1st print 9.4 is at a nose bleeding $31,200 with bp...can it go any higher?

and the #1 3rd print 9.8 is sitting at $3000 with bp

The next four hours should prove to be exciting!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

5 minutes ago, pubmonkey said:

5th print at $630 with bp...

Donatello 9.8 at $432 with bp...this one surprises me as does #10 9.8 at $312 with bp...

There are more bidders and trackers for the Blue label #2 9.8 ($2880 with bp) than the yellow label #2 9.8 ($2520 with bp) which is very interesting. Of course this is with 4 hours left so there will be adjustments.

the #1 1st print 9.4 is at a nose bleeding $31,200 with bp...can it go any higher?

and the #1 3rd print 9.8 is sitting at $3000 with bp

The next four hours should prove to be exciting!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Are u bidding any pubmonkey?

3 minutes ago, ghn999 said:

Are u bidding any pubmonkey?

Not this time, am interested from a stakeholder perspective. There are a few issues I need to fill gaps or upgrade to 9.8 but none of them are listed in this auction. How about you? 

I'm also not bidding on any of the comics, but am actually going in on one of the original art pieces (Urban Legends #13 cover art. I was actually planning on buying off of Eastmans website where it was originally listed, but he pulled it and other items for this auction just before I could pull the trigger) :D

48 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

I'm also not bidding on any of the comics, but am actually going in on one of the original art pieces (Urban Legends #13 cover art. I was actually planning on buying off of Eastmans website where it was originally listed, but he pulled it and other items for this auction just before I could pull the trigger) :D

Murphy's law! if you hadn't been ready to pull the trigger it would still be there with a 50% discount...:pullhair: