• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,222 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Tmnt adventure 1? That's an undervalued book

Yeah, that’s the one. I had five or more on my watch list and they all were bought up on the same day. 

I agree with you about it being undervalued. IMO this is the last TMNT book with any big first appearances that hasn’t blown up yet. 

I’d argue that Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang are more widely known than Casey Jones, but I could be wrong. 

Edited by Hezi

1 minute ago, Hezi said:

Yeah, that’s the one. I had five or more on my watch list and they all were bought up on the same day. 

I agree with you about it being undervalued. IMO this is the last TMNT book with any big first appearances that hasn’t blown up yet. 

I’d argue that Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang are more widely known than Casey Jones, but I could be wrong. 

Oh definitely...I remember when these used to sell for a dollar... wish I bought more 

1 minute ago, Hezi said:

I'd argue that Bebop and Rocksteady's first appearances are in 2, not 1 - they don't have names in the first issue and they're still human. They first show up in their mutated forms (and are first called by name) in issue #2. But it seems the masses feel differently...

On 10/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I'd argue that Bebop and Rocksteady's first appearances are in 2, not 1 - they don't have names in the first issue and they're still human. They first show up in their mutated forms (and are first called by name) in issue #2. But it seems the masses feel differently...

I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt to grab #2 just in case!

Edited by Hezi

Can somebody more knowledgeable than me help answer a question?

on TMNT adventures 1, there seems to be two different versions of the Canadian price variant. There was a sale today on eBay for a TMNT adv #1 Canadian price variant and this version doesn’t have a barcode on the cover. 

My copy of the Canadian price variant has a barcode on the cover. 

I’m assuming this means that there are two versions of the Canadian price variant? Is this right or am I confused 

5 hours ago, Hezi said:

Can somebody more knowledgeable than me help answer a question?

on TMNT adventures 1, there seems to be two different versions of the Canadian price variant. There was a sale today on eBay for a TMNT adv #1 Canadian price variant and this version doesn’t have a barcode on the cover. 

My copy of the Canadian price variant has a barcode on the cover. 

I’m assuming this means that there are two versions of the Canadian price variant? Is this right or am I confused 

There should be a newsstand version (barcode) as well as a direct market one (without) for the CPV

On 10/27/2020 at 2:49 PM, Hezi said:

Thanks to the original cartoon. B, R and Krang were in almost every episode. I think Casey was only in 4 or 5 episodes out of the almost 200 produced.

9 minutes ago, Icculus308win said:

Just nuts imho. Can’t believe the prices of these books, Turtle books in general since late summer! What’s a 9.8 Raph go for at this rate - wow. 
Why are Turtles so hot??

1F29027E-65C3-4EAB-A55D-0EA754EA7560.thumb.jpeg.6c65dd80d114fc35319d32a2267c4ff5.jpeg

I keep waiting for the 2nd print to go up but we'll see

It's the day you've ALL been waiting for. No, not election day silly, that's boring in comparison! This is the day that you can trade fractional shares of TMNT #1 1st print 9.8! Right now they're at $90/share which translates to $90,000 for the underlying book. I can't wait to hear the resident Debbie Downers on this forum give us their "completely unbiased, expert-opinion with absolutely no jealousy" analysis.

https://app.rallyrd.com/app/assets/comics-literature/TMNT1

5 minutes ago, GM8 said:

It's the day you've ALL been waiting for. No, not election day silly, that's boring in comparison! This is the day that you can trade fractional shares of TMNT #1 1st print 9.8! Right now they're at $90/share which translates to $90,000 for the underlying book. I can't wait to hear the resident Debbie Downers on this forum give us their "completely unbiased, expert-opinion with absolutely no jealousy" analysis.

Oooh, I can take it from here...

"You don't actually own anything!"

"I prefer my TMNT #1 3rd Print CGC 5.0 because I can hold it!"

"No one knows who that company is!"

"You can't sell your shares whenever you feel like it!"

"Why would anyone pay $90 for a share when they could just save up and buy a copy for $75,000 from someone else?"

2 hours ago, GM8 said:

I'm not sure what there is to be jealous of; those buying "stock" don't own a TMNT 1 9.8.

Has anyone attempted to sell their initial $65 for $90?

Edited by manetteska
typo

49 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I'm not sure what there is to be jealous of; those buying "stock" don't own a TMNT 1 9.8.

Has anyone attempted to sell their initial $65 for $90?

It can be done today, assuming the price stays at $90/share.  

I have sold shares on RallyRd before, and I'll do it again.

I "tried out" the RallyRd platform several months ago and they had a 1956 Mickey Mantle for $1/share.  I bought 10 shares for $10.

When it was put up for trading, it jumped to $4.10 per share.  I sold 8 of them and got $32.80.

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

It can be done today, assuming the price stays at $90/share.  

I have sold shares on RallyRd before, and I'll do it again.

I "tried out" the RallyRd platform several months ago and they had a 1956 Mickey Mantle for $1/share.  I bought 10 shares for $10.

When it was put up for trading, it jumped to $4.10 per share.  I sold 8 of them and got $32.80.

I have some free time today and am ready to go down the Rally Rd rabbit hole -- though if people want we can move the discussion elsewhere.

I believe (could be wrong) the initial offering for this comic was $65/share at 1000 shares and sold out. Now it is valued at $90/share but all of those shares are already spoken for; so how many are up for purchase?

(and this info may be readily available on their site but I'm not going to use them so not giving another company my info.)