• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

With 1st appearances being all the rage....

29 posts in this topic

I’m curious how many 1st appearances have price variant versions, and what kinda heat those get when the regular version explodes as a result of a TV/movie announcement.

IF 14 is an obvious one.  What other 1sts have 30/35 cent variants?  

What got me wondering, was a variant of Hulk 212 I came across..... 

1st Constrictor

6C626758-1F49-4645-A4F5-201F3C5A6749.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

34 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

I know you said 30/35 cent variants, but one big one thats hard to find is the 15 cent price variant for Mad House #22, the 1st appearance of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. 

I didn’t want to limit the discussion to 30/35 cent variants, but was more trying to avoid the multitude of variants in the modern age.

That’s a cool one.  

1st Sabrina 

2551D423-A19B-4180-89BA-397388C6F3B0.jpeg

3D76BCAD-A5FC-479F-A3DB-CB4E4ADB473E.jpeg

22850DF6-A6A8-4398-9A2D-2D133B5B624C.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

Ok, sorry I couldn't resist, but seriously now...my pick is Super-Villain Team-Up #5, the first appearance of the Shroud, a cool hero who hasn't seen much action outside that series but was at some point retconned into the history of the Moon Knight in one of the later Moon Knight series.

Honorable mentions to MTIO 30 (2nd Spider-Woman), Marvel Spotlight 28&29 (1st solo Moon Knight tale), and Marvel Chillers #4-6 (2nd-4th solo Tigra stories).

Edited by Readcomix
Typo

Sweet! I have always liked that character, so I may be biased, but he's one of the least-used bronze Marvel creations, so I would think his day has got to come for someone to put him to more use. (Then again, I really liked Woodgod too, so don't stack too deep on my recommendation!)

4 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Sweet! I have always liked that character, so I may be biased, but he's one of the least-used bronze Marvel creations, so I would think his day has got to come for someone to put him to more use. (Then again, I really liked Woodgod too, so don't stack too deep on my recommendation!)

1st Woodgod :headbang:

7ABD8721-C917-4005-906E-47B4DFE5F8F8.jpeg

D4BAEF14-481A-4576-8906-B2750B831911.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Also, if it counts, Betty & Veronica #320 (1st Cheryl Blossom) has a Canadian price variant.

There are a ton of CPV 1st appearances.  Which is the top dog?hm

Edited by THE_BEYONDER