• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I think the term bullying is a bit strong. You do the crime, you do the time. Since when do disreputable practices earn you a pat on the back?

And suggesting he might hurt himself is melodramatic at best. That's a helluva leap.

Since when do people worry about hurting people's feelings on here when skullduggery is involved. Moderation is severe enough without all this navel gazing.

I am not a person without compassion and I wish no harm whatsoever to this individual but things needed to be said, and they were, alright some people got carried away, but when the hobby gets dragged into the dirt we need to say 'enough'.

Agreed....And this thread has been up for 4 days with no posts removed, no warnings...its clear that we can all agree that Dylans behavior in the past warrants some backlash...I get it, he turned comments off on IG but that's because he was getting warranted backlash, and he was attacking Danielle which was totally uncalled for....and why am I repeating words in the same sentence?:insane:

Edited by Hollywood1892

5 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Agreed....And this thread has been up for 4 days with no posts removed, no warnings...its clear that we can all agree that Dylans behavior in the past warrants some backlash...I get it, he turned comments off on IG but that's because he was getting warranted backlash, and he was attacking Danielle which was totally uncalled for....and why am I repeating words in the same sentence?:insane:

Well personally I don't do, and have never done social media, so I don't know what's been said on other platforms, and frankly I don't care because it's never interested me.

These forums contain everything i need to know on practically every subject there is.

I don't condone bullying in any form but this guy has basically got what he asked for. I suspect he's loving all the attention.

18 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Well personally I don't do, and have never done social media, so I don't know what's been said on other platforms, and frankly I don't care because it's never interested me.

These forums contain everything i need to know on practically every subject there is.

I don't condone bullying in any form but this guy has basically got what he asked for. I suspect he's loving all the attention.

Maybe he internally believes that CGC damaged his books...I mean externally alot of us don't believe that...and I don't know how much he paid for those books but a 4.0 is a nice 21k haul

With a nice bankroll and full transparency a person can do very well in this hobby

Edited by Hollywood1892

7 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Maybe he internally believes that CGC damaged his books...I mean externally alot of us don't believe that...and I don't know how much he paid for those books but a 4.0 is a nice 21k haul

I basically ignored all this drama about the AF15s. Who can tell exactly what went on? My views have been based on his previous exploits about restored books in Universal slabs etc, not to mention ridiculous grading standards. We know grading is subjective but then there's subjective and bat-carp crazy.

Oh, and then there's sitting on the toilet with a book that most people would give their eye teeth for...which shows to me a level of staggering disrespect to the hobby, but also a level of arrogance that tells me all I need to know about said individual.

Edited by G G ®
ytpo

8 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I basically ignored all this drama about the AF15s. Who can tell exactly what went on? My views have been based on his previous exploits about restored books in Universal slabs etc, not to mention ridiculous grading standards. We know grading is subjective but then there's subjective and bat-carp crazy.

Oh, and then there's sitting on the toilet with a book that most people would give their eye teeth for...which shows to me a level of staggering disrespect to the hobby, but also a level of arrogance that tells me all I need to know about said individual.

Exactly 

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Speaks volumes that the mods have completely ignored this thread.  Were Dylan not out to “destroy CGC”, I imagine this thread would have been history long ago.

7AA4DD2E-EDB9-49E6-A07A-02B62B338981.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

2 minutes ago, joeypost said:

In no way am I condoning his behavior. There are always consequences to the actions we take. No one knows what he, or his Dad paid for those two books. If my son lost $10,000.00 because he read a $30,000.00 comic on the toilet and possibly damaged it, that would be the end of funding him.  

I am the father of a child that suffers from high functioning autism, and I can tell you he processes things, and views the world completely different than the other three of us in the house. Only difference is we work with him constantly. Seems in Mr. D’s case that may not be true. 

But have I missed something? Is this guy autistic, has Asperger's or is this just speculation?

If this chap has some sort of condition like this, then that is very sad, but I would assume this does not preclude him from knowing the difference between right and wrong?

I would also add that Overstreet need to tighten up. If they're handing out Advisory positions like confetti, what's going on?

12 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I would also add that Overstreet need to tighten up. If they're handing out Advisory positions like confetti, what's going on?

I took a sabbatical from collecting for about 26 years I would say...and when I came back last year I didn't even realize they used Overstreet anymore, though granted when I was a teen it was

Overstreet for comics

And

Beckett for sports cards

And from what I can remember Beckett was monthly!

And slabbing and grading were just beginning (at least grading, I didn't know anything about slabbing a comic)

I do personally think slabbing and grading revolutionized collecting

2 hours ago, G G ® said:

I am not a person without compassion and I wish no harm whatsoever to this individual but things needed to be said, and they were, alright some people got carried away, but when the hobby gets dragged into the dirt we need to say 'enough'.

Very well said.:golfclap:

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I too have been amazed at how long and fast this thread exploded and as you said  no posts removed or warnings. I also agree attacking Danielle was totally uncalled for and reminiscent of his reactions on here when originally several members were genuinely trying to help him.

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

It did, although personally I have mixed feelings about it.

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I too have been amazed at how long and fast this thread exploded and as you said  no posts removed or warnings. I also agree attacking Danielle was totally uncalled for and reminiscent of his reactions on here when originally several members were genuinely trying to help him.

This is like poking a bear and I think we all need to take a step back, because sooner or later some barmpot will go too far...and it will all go poof!

I know your mixed feelings, as we have discussed...and I understand them, you started collecting from a purist stand point as only raws existed. And the sig series is revolutionary, second to none, CGC goes out of their way to gain the trust of collectors and the sig series is a prime example of it. So collectors should do the same...and of course they make mistakes (disappointingly so) but more often then not their integrity is unquestioned...as to why they have probably allowed us to hold court on this thread for as long as we have.

Edited by Hollywood1892

11 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I took a sabbatical from collecting for about 26 years I would say...and when I came back last year I didn't even realize they used Overstreet anymore, though granted when I was a teen it was

Overstreet for comics

And

Beckett for sports cards

And from what I can remember Beckett was monthly!

And slabbing and grading were just beginning (at least grading, I didn't know anything about slabbing a comic)

I too remember before grading and using Beckett for Cards and OSPG. It definitely was a different time. 

As GG said. I dont know if I would call it revolutionizing the industry as much as irrevocably changing it. 

I know every industry has to change with the times to stay relevant and they definitely have provided a valuable service.  That said it too has brought in a lot of money guys,  speculation,  and the Dylans. Very few today crack open a comic and read them, which to me is sad.

Many have commented on how a lot of 90's drek just about can not be given away, however I tend to try to sort out items that can be donated to libraries and schools locally to help encourage not only reading, but to grow the love of the hobby the way I fell in love with it.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

36 minutes ago, G G ® said:

But have I missed something? Is this guy autistic, has Asperger's or is this just speculation?

If this chap has some sort of condition like this, then that is very sad, but I would assume this does not preclude him from knowing the difference between right and wrong?

No official diagnosis. In no way am I condoning his behavior, but I am being cautious on making personal comments about it until I have reason not to. 
I am just sticking with the facts. 

57 minutes ago, G G ® said:

This is like poking a bear and I think we all need to take a step back, because sooner or later some barmpot will go too far...and it will all go poof!

We definitely do not want to poke the bear. QY5WJIaK29RU4.gif.01036bcbf6583f43651b75a53bbe3731.gif

Speaking of just yesterday I saw a bear walking down the edge of my property. Third time so far this year. Nothing the size of the one pictured above and I live in Florida. The one I see is a one of the protected species.  Always have a good talk with forestry when they come out to tranquilize him and relocate.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite