• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crappy First Issue Collectors Thread! Read at Your Own Risk
1 1

151 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

73C12640-DABA-43E6-9928-05BD894381C7.jpeg

Hey now, Ambush Bug rules! Let's not lump him in with the likes of Alf!

Edit: If I'd scrolled down, I would have seen that @Ken Aldred already came to Ambush Bug's defense!

Edited by F For Fake

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Guess I should actually read the book hm

No time like the present! Let the warm, joyful, warming joy of Ambush Bug wash over you!

55 minutes ago, Zonker said:

Thinking we all have more than one of these, amiright?

MsMystic1.jpg

Despite being an Adams fan, I never bought this one, or Skateman.

I did make the mistake of buying a couple of the later Continuity first issues, though.  Great art, but unreadable.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Despite being an Adams fan, I never bought this one, or Skateman.

I did make the mistake of buying a couple of the later Continuity first issues, though.  Great art, but unreadable.

Skate Man is pretty dire. I used to do a blog series on the worst comics of all time, and Skate Man was one of the earliest entries. Not good. Not. Good.

Just now, F For Fake said:

Skate Man is pretty dire. I used to do a blog series on the worst comics of all time, and Skate Man was one of the earliest entries. Not good. Not. Good.

I don't really think it improved that much at Continuity, later on.  Their books from the 90s had nice art but terrible stories, which didn't hold your attention for a second.  Those first issues could be suggestions for this thread as well, unless they get a pass for the artwork.

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

I don't really think it improved that much at Continuity, later on.  Their books from the 90s had nice art but terrible stories, which didn't hold your attention for a second.  Those first issues could be suggestions for this thread as well, unless they get a pass for the artwork.

I recall that Continuity went hard for pretty much all of the 90’s gimmicks. Remember those “indestructible” Tyvek covers? I wonder if anyone ever got some graded and how well the held up after all?

38 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I recall that Continuity went hard for pretty much all of the 90’s gimmicks. Remember those “indestructible” Tyvek covers? I wonder if anyone ever got some graded and how well the held up after all?

You’re right. One of the major players in the gimmick cover era, and maybe I should’ve expected zero effort on the story side of things inside the Tyvek.

The Echo of Futurepast series from the 80s was a lot better.

Edited by Ken Aldred