web of venom carnage born (COVER ERROR)
1 1

22 posts in this topic

5 posts

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask we have the Web of venom 1 which seems to be a combination of 3 covers that lay out. with a completely blank top yet at an angle I am able to make out the IG ComicStore Gabriele Dell'Otto Virgin Variant Cover yet will lose sight if moved off that angle, on the next page you find the Frankies Comics Blank Variant Cover, followed on the next page by the IGComicStore Gabriele Dell'Otto Trade Dress Variant Cover with only the black lettering and no Carnage, the 4th page in,  is transparent, with a cloth texture.  The back is hard card stock and blank as well.4 pages in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,424 posts
23 hours ago, jaxson debe said:

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask we have the Web of venom 1 which seems to be a combination of 3 covers that lay out. with a completely blank top yet at an angle I am able to make out the IG ComicStore Gabriele Dell'Otto Virgin Variant Cover yet will lose sight if moved off that angle, on the next page you find the Frankies Comics Blank Variant Cover, followed on the next page by the IGComicStore Gabriele Dell'Otto Trade Dress Variant Cover with only the black lettering and no Carnage, the 4th page in,  is transparent, with a cloth texture.  The back is hard card stock and blank as well.4 pages in.

What is your question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20,977 posts
3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
4 hours ago, SOTIcollector said:

What is your question?

Good question.

Don't be so hard the guy, he's a newbie.

In related news, I have a huge important question for the boardies:

I typically sleep with an uncommonly flat pillow.  Last night I woke up with a much taller very uncomfortable pillow under my head.  I couldn't fall back to sleep for like two hours.  Then I woke up with my original pillow and realized I was dreaming about the taller pillow the whole time.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,217 posts
22 minutes ago, revat said:

Don't be so hard the guy, he's a newbie.

In related news, I have a huge important question for the boardies:

I typically sleep with an uncommonly flat pillow.  Last night I woke up with a much taller very uncomfortable pillow under my head.  I couldn't fall back to sleep for like two hours.  Then I woke up with my original pillow and realized I was dreaming about the taller pillow the whole time.

 

 

I once had a dream that a sandwich was eating ME. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,424 posts
5 hours ago, revat said:

Don't be so hard the guy, he's a newbie.

In related news, I have a huge important question for the boardies:

I typically sleep with an uncommonly flat pillow.  Last night I woke up with a much taller very uncomfortable pillow under my head.  I couldn't fall back to sleep for like two hours.  Then I woke up with my original pillow and realized I was dreaming about the taller pillow the whole time.

I appreciate the humor.  At the same time, this particular location of the forum is a place where newbies should feel comfortable to ask questions.  It's possible that something you see as gentle ribbing could be perceived by somebody else as unwelcoming or disrespectful. 

This isn't the wilds of The Internet, where some people feel that the anonymity of the interwebs gives them permission to treat others in a way they would not treat somebody in person.  This is a community of people with a shared interest in comics.  If we're nice to the newbies, they may stick around and provide valuable contributions.  If we make their experience unpleasant, they'll turn elsewhere.  I'd rather have them here, asking questions of people who are more seasoned, and eventually becoming the more seasoned ones providing advice to a new generation of collectors.  If we mistreat the new collectors and don't welcome them, then there may not be a new generation of collectors.  And that'd be a darned shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
281 posts
On 10/15/2020 at 9:07 AM, jaxson debe said:

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask we have the Web of venom 1 which seems to be a combination of 3 covers that lay out. with a completely blank top yet at an angle I am able to make out the IG ComicStore Gabriele Dell'Otto Virgin Variant Cover yet will lose sight if moved off that angle, on the next page you find the Frankies Comics Blank Variant Cover, followed on the next page by the IGComicStore Gabriele Dell'Otto Trade Dress Variant Cover with only the black lettering and no Carnage, the 4th page in,  is transparent, with a cloth texture.  The back is hard card stock and blank as well.4 pages in.

I'm not... entirely sure what you're asking here. I suspect, if I'm interpreting what you wrote correctly, that this is some sort of production proof and not an error in the conventional sense. Photos would be immensely helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,789 posts
21 hours ago, SOTIcollector said:

I appreciate the humor.  At the same time, this particular location of the forum is a place where newbies should feel comfortable to ask questions.  It's possible that something you see as gentle ribbing could be perceived by somebody else as unwelcoming or disrespectful. 

This isn't the wilds of The Internet, where some people feel that the anonymity of the interwebs gives them permission to treat others in a way they would not treat somebody in person.  This is a community of people with a shared interest in comics.  If we're nice to the newbies, they may stick around and provide valuable contributions.  If we make their experience unpleasant, they'll turn elsewhere.  I'd rather have them here, asking questions of people who are more seasoned, and eventually becoming the more seasoned ones providing advice to a new generation of collectors.  If we mistreat the new collectors and don't welcome them, then there may not be a new generation of collectors.  And that'd be a darned shame.

Jaxson is online now, reading this thread. Jaxson - can you post a picture of your book? We'd love to see it :wishluck:

Capture.PNG.9ae6c93b938f2e551cc342509803c6f6.PNG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 posts

Apologies for such a delay a family is severly ill.

 

Edited by jaxson debe
mistakenlyu hit enter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,789 posts
38 minutes ago, jaxson debe said:

Apologies for such a delay a family is severly ill.

 

Sorry to hear that Jaxson. Don't worry about this if you need to be elsewhere. 

The pictures you tried to post show as links which I can't open. Only if you can, try to save the images to your device and then select them using the drag or 'choose files' function in the edit screen:

2012554401_2020-10-1809_07_16.thumb.jpg.0192e9d0186399ce6ede0fd16a76ca79.jpg

Hopefully that makes sense. Good luck (thumbsu

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 posts

it makes perfect sense and you have been a wealth of help, Thank you for the kind words and she is improving.  Truly hoping I have something here it could very well be a saving grace.  Again you have been a positive influence who kindly shares and offers excellent coaching and education freely to others.  The Cover of the 2nd book show Carnage as well from that angel. and fabric sheet page looks alost transparent waxy wet when close up u see fabric. Idunno. Any help would be amazing

correct book #2 0f 600 COA.jpg

COA.jpg

cover of 2nd book.jpg

first page in Red.jpg

2nd page in Black.jpg

both books 1st page under back cover.jpg

fabric page 3 in from back.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 posts
46 minutes ago, jaxson debe said:

Truly hoping I have something here it could very well be a saving grace. 

Sorry to say but I wouldnt count on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,920 posts
43 minutes ago, jaxson debe said:

it makes perfect sense and you have been a wealth of help, Thank you for the kind words and she is improving.  Truly hoping I have something here it could very well be a saving grace.  Again you have been a positive influence who kindly shares and offers excellent coaching and education freely to others.  The Cover of the 2nd book show Carnage as well from that angel. and fabric sheet page looks alost transparent waxy wet when close up u see fabric. Idunno. Any help would be amazing

correct book #2 0f 600 COA.jpg

COA.jpg

cover of 2nd book.jpg

first page in Red.jpg

2nd page in Black.jpg

both books 1st page under back cover.jpg

fabric page 3 in from back.jpg

I'm still confused, what's the question?  It appears to be a blank sketch cover with two blank sketch pages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 posts

I was the confused one I really thought I was getting 2 of the same complete books, I never had heard of a sketch cover thank you so much for clearing this up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
281 posts

I do think there might be something odd going on with this one. The exterior cover is definitely the IGComicStore trade dress variant (that is indeed what the "trade" refers to; there's also a virgin version). But the sketch cover behind it does look like the Frankies Comics exclusive sketch cover. So, if I'm reading (and seeing) this right, the 3rd page is that monochrome version of the sketch cover, and the 4th page is the unusual material. Does the comic continue normally afterward?

I don't know if this is normal, and don't have a reference copy of this available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20,977 posts

I don’t know one thing from another, but you could try contacting whoever put out the COA and asking for more details or the or whoever made the variant or the store, or both, for more details.  Get to the source, unless someone here gives you good info.

 

they might have emails or instagrams or facebooks or phone numbers or websites.

I don’t Know if it’s something valuable, but it does seem Rare to me

Edited by revat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
281 posts
5 hours ago, revat said:

I don’t know one thing from another, but you could try contacting whoever put out the COA and asking for more details or the or whoever made the variant or the store, or both, for more details.  Get to the source, unless someone here gives you good info.

 

they might have emails or instagrams or facebooks or phone numbers or websites.

I don’t Know if it’s something valuable, but it does seem Rare to me

Yeah, I would check with IGComicStore. They ought to know if all their store variants were produced this way.

I will caution that even if this ends up being something unusual, that doesn't necessarily make it something valuable...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1