• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ain't this about a bleach?!
2 2

17 posts in this topic

Time for some uninformed speculation, and not the sort that you can profit from either!  :wink:  First, the book! 

s-l1600.jpg

Now for the speculation!  Was the cover in that state when the book was graded or was it displayed in a store window somewhere in the tropics?!  Next, if the book looked like it does now when it was graded, was it a result of the ink on the printing press needing to be replenished?!  I'm supposing that's the case since the pages haven't turned worse than off white/white.  Lastly, if my supposition is correct, then even if the book looked like this on the day of issue, should it have been given a 9.8 grade?!  The cover is positively anemic!  Cue Ice-T music!  Colors, colors colors!  

22 minutes ago, Coverless 9.8 said:

If that's the case I'd throw the book some shade, but I think it's too late! :wink:

Technically if you get a color blind buyer all they see is the 9.8 and SALE>

yes if a rocket type missile is hurtling at you you will have time to say 12 words-with a pause in between-
I call :BSFlag:

On 10/16/2020 at 8:01 PM, Coverless 9.8 said:

Now for the speculation!  Was the cover in that state when the book was graded or was it displayed in a store window somewhere in the tropics?!  Next, if the book looked like it does now when it was graded, was it a result of the ink on the printing press needing to be replenished?!  I'm supposing that's the case since the pages haven't turned worse than off white/white.  Lastly, if my supposition is correct, then even if the book looked like this on the day of issue, should it have been given a 9.8 grade?!  The cover is positively anemic!  Cue Ice-T music!  Colors, colors colors! 

Can you show a picture of the back cover?

Interior page quality won't change as quickly as it takes to fade a cover.

Comparing the colors on the back cover will likely give you the answer.

39 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Can you show a picture of the back cover?

Interior page quality won't change as quickly as it takes to fade a cover.

Comparing the colors on the back cover will likely give you the answer.

I got your back!

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPECTACULAR-SPIDER-MAN-27-CGC-9-8-1ST-FRANK-MILLER-DAREDEVIL-ART-MANTLO/283996120148?hash=item421f7ce454:g:E7cAAOSwTNFfQEe4

On 10/16/2020 at 8:01 PM, Coverless 9.8 said:

Time for some uninformed speculation, and not the sort that you can profit from either!  :wink:  First, the book! 

s-l1600.jpg

Definitely the sun!

It's why I have been saying

"CGC needs UV protection slabs"

HbpU.gif