• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Court of Owls CGC Grader notes?

11 posts in this topic

Hope everyone’s doing well!

I have recently acquired #2 and #3 of the Court of Owls storyline (2011), and I believe both to be 9.8s, their corners and covers are flawless, sharp, no stains, no tears, no creases, no spine ticks etc from what I’ve seen. The best condition books in my collection and they’re 9 years old! They look better than my CGC graded 9.8 Batman #89 from earlier this year! 

That being said, I’ve seen a few of the court of owls storyline graded by CGC on eBay, almost none of them have grader notes despite issues containing 1st cameos/full appearances of the court of owls, Talon, whisper gang, etc. I have found 2 on eBay that have graded notes for #2 but I have also found others of the same issue without any notes. Anyone know if that’s subject to change? Or why they do not include the “1st appearance” notes? Older slabs? I want to send them in to be graded and would prefer they have the “first appearance of talon” “first cameo appearance court of owls” “first whisper gang” especially since the Batman trilogy is rumored to include the court

heres pics of my two issues as well as a screenshot off google of graded issues, if you zoom in none have notes

BF6BDF3C-AA7C-492A-AA41-B085D7D4CEFF.jpeg

3F0CA7E6-1A2E-4848-BEBD-5BF914F7B7E7.jpeg

8B3AA83D-5F3F-48CB-AD8C-7EB0C638403E.png

Edited by Nightwingsbutler

7 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

thats a bad pic but as you can see it says 1st talon on the label hope this answers your question

Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 1.02.44 PM.png

Yeah I have seen a few with it and a few without it, I don’t think I’ve seen any notes on issues #3 or 6 which is first whisper gang, first court cameo and then first full court cameo 

2 minutes ago, Nightwingsbutler said:

Yeah I have seen a few with it and a few without it, I don’t think I’ve seen any notes on issues #3 or 6 which is first whisper gang, first court cameo and then first full court cameo 

yeah cgc are really late with cameos they still havent marked thor god of thunder 6 as the 1st cameo of knull 

Oh that's what he means by "grader's notes"

anyway, the reason some slabs of the same issue have descriptions that other's don't, is because those slabs were slabbed earlier and before certain notes are added or changed :) 

But ya grader's notes is a term used to describe CGC notes for flaws on a book when being graded...for slabbing ;)