• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE: Desert Wind / Celestial Comics damaging and losing/stealing books
6 6

139 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, kav said:

There are permanent markers that do not bleed and do not fade.  Sharpie is about the worst thing you can use.

They’re also alcohol based so with proper care, they can be wiped away like they were never there

4 hours ago, kav said:

There are permanent markers that do not bleed and do not fade.  Sharpie is about the worst thing you can use.

That's what you said. 

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

So you don't want my Nick Fury 1 signed by Steranko? Just making sure... 

dang

Don't listen to that bull about Chandler's sickness as an excuse on why your book were damaged.  In my opinion desert wind was trash long before he got sick.  Case in point.  1) Noble causes 3b was supposed to be signed by Valentino, Farber, Walker at Emerald city comic con 2012 (only Valentino signed. When I asked I was told it didn't make the plane)

2) one of my multi sigs heroes for hope starring the x-men was a 9.8 and came back a 9.6 with different sigs on it.  Sharon's response was  something like we don't see any Heroes for hire.  

3) Wolverine limited series 3 with Stan Lee, Rubinstein, Trimpe, Wein, Romita went from 9.8 to 9.4.

This was all around 2012, long b4 any sickness.  I've learned my lesson and I never use desert wind or celestial or whatever name they want to go by.  They've screwed me several times over and didn't give a hoot.  

Once at Baltimore I watched chandler manhandle a book while bagging it, while standing up talking to a client.  Wasn't even paying attention to the book and was mostly into his conversation

Edited by juniorMC

I’ve only had 1 good experience with DWC. They successfully had my ASM #129 signed by John Romita Sr. and returned back to me  in one piece.

Now for my not so good experience. I sent in an FF #52 so I could have it signed by Joe Sinnott. This was during the pandemic and he ended up passing away before the signing even took place. They returned my book but NOT my money. While I have accidentally deleted those emails, I’ve inquired about my refund many times to no response.

On 1/4/2021 at 8:13 AM, Nic8612 said:

Update on this saga:

Finally spoke with someone from DWC. They offered me $200 "while they looked into it" and never looked into it, so I filed charge-backs with PayPal for every transaction I had with them and reminded them that they were still in possession of the following books of mine that they failed to return or submit to CGC:

Amazing Spider-man 101

Amazing Spider-man 129

Amazing Spider-man 361

Thor 225

X-Men 35

I threatened legal action against them if they didn't return my books and their last response was " if you want to sue, you have that right" and that was the last time I heard from them after multiple emails asking them to return my books.

At this point, PayPal has sided with me and returned my money because DWC couldn't provide the whereabouts of my books. Now they again are not responding to emails and are currently in possession of stolen property worth roughly $2000.

I'll be filing a police report against them today for theft and will be naming CGC as a contact for DWC. CGC has openly and unabashedly protected DWC for way too long and it has to stop. My next step will be filing a civil suit against them to attempt to recoup some of my losses. I gave both DWC and CGC a chance to make this right and now it's devolved into a criminal matter.

Good job, guys

Did you ever get your books back? 

Had multiple interactions with DWC back when they were the exclusive private signing partners for Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane.
Only bad interaction was when they 'misplaced' (aka may have lost) my ASM #1 for Stan's signature.
It was eventually located (after four weeks), but missed the signing I sent it in for and had to be held for the next signing.
That being said, Chandler did offer to send me a check outright for it or keep trying to find it.

On 6/8/2023 at 11:50 PM, thehumantorch said:
On 6/7/2023 at 8:32 PM, Buzzetta said:

I would love it if a certain board member would like to make mention of his 'mold book' and how CGC said it was "possible" that it happened. 

Expand  

what's a mold book?

:popcorn:

I have never met Chandler or done any business with him. But I used to work with his ex wife. She told me when I mentioned I was a comic collector. She told me some stories about him which I won’t post here. Some actually pretty funny.  Needless to say, she didn’t like him much…