• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever try Storagetreasures.com to Buy?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, cigars&comix said:

I've been itching to bid on these "private" auctions, in which the seller loads up a locker with a collection, maybe his or someone elses, and puts it on this site storagetreasures.com.

Has anyone had any luck with this private auctions?

How often are comics actually found in a storage unit? I have only heard of a handful of extremely good finds over the last 30 years. More often than not, comics found in these lockers are the traditional garbage that comic shops can't even sell for a buck. 

4 minutes ago, StumbleBum said:

Nic Cage's stolen Action #1 was found in a storage unit.

Yes but I feel like that is the exception, not the rule. And that was what, almost a decade ago. In recent memory, I have only heard of one massive find in the past 5 years. Unless I am out of touch....

10 hours ago, StumbleBum said:

Nic Cage's stolen Action #1 was found in a storage unit.

And it was stolen property, which by law had to be given back to the original owner. So, I don't really think I would count that as a profitable storage unit find. I'm sure Nic Cage was happy though.

Edited by jharvey

If you have the money, why not give it a try? Chances are that you'll strike out, but remember; When you hear stories of people hitting the comic jackpot, they had the same odds. There are still comics out there that have never been to market, because there are still people around from the time Action Comics 1 came out, and the kids of that generation are mostly still alive. I'm not saying there are Golden Age comics in huge numbers hidden in attics and sheds, but there are some out there. It's worth trying things outside the box if you can afford it, and one day you might get lucky.

The problem is that when you win a storage unit, you are responsible for the contents. Meaning, you have 30 days to remove all the contents and clean the unit out or be forced to pay the monthly storage fee. 

if you hit a jackpot, that’s all good but if you get a unit with a 1000 pounds of dirty clothes and beat-up furniture, you still have to get rid of it. So not only are you out the money you paid to win the auction, you also have to rent a truck, hire help to move all the junk to the truck and then pay a dumping fee to the garbage dump you take it to. Not worth it