• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal chargeback.. ebay scammer

29 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Problem is that its not an Ebay issue now. I already had an open case two months ago . Ebay sided with me and the buyer was able to open a case with paypal. 

Was this by chance an eBay managed payments?  I signed up for eBay managed payments in July, so any payment dispute has to go through eBay now going forward.  Even though I am sure many people are still paying via PayPal I never know going forward.

I hate people like this. Make sure you do everything by the book and you should be OK. Document everything, even if it seems insignificant. 

A few years back,  I had someone send in 3 books for pressing. Not a large order, but with shipping and everything it amounted to $65.00

I sent them a PayPal invoice and they paid. After that they literally asked me every hour when the box was going to be mailed. My wife was running some errands and I gave her the box to bring to the PO. I emailed the customer and said they were in the system and on their way. The next morning I saw a charge back from PayPal  and saw it was from them. Emailed to see what was going on and never got a reply. Figured I was scammed and was going to be out $65.00

Two days later I go to the car and I see the box in the trunk. My wife never mailed it! I waited to see what was going to happen. Needless to say after 5 days they finally email me back asking where the box was. When I explained what happened I said the only way I would mail it out to them was if they sent me cash in the mail. They told me they were not going to do that. Stalemate time. 

Fast forward to today. I never got paid and I still have the three books. 

18 minutes ago, joeypost said:

I hate people like this. Make sure you do everything by the book and you should be OK. Document everything, even if it seems insignificant. 

A few years back,  I had someone send in 3 books for pressing. Not a large order, but with shipping and everything it amounted to $65.00

I sent them a PayPal invoice and they paid. After that they literally asked me every hour when the box was going to be mailed. My wife was running some errands and I gave her the box to bring to the PO. I emailed the customer and said they were in the system and on their way. The next morning I saw a charge back from PayPal  and saw it was from them. Emailed to see what was going on and never got a reply. Figured I was scammed and was going to be out $65.00

Two days later I go to the car and I see the box in the trunk. My wife never mailed it! I waited to see what was going to happen. Needless to say after 5 days they finally email me back asking where the box was. When I explained what happened I said the only way I would mail it out to them was if they sent me cash in the mail. They told me they were not going to do that. Stalemate time. 

That takes some balls to ask you about the package after they reversed the charges. 

2 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Was this by chance an eBay managed payments?  I signed up for eBay managed payments in July, so any payment dispute has to go through eBay now going forward.  Even though I am sure many people are still paying via PayPal I never know going forward.

No , the buyer claimed that he didn´t received his package , i had a proof delivery by DHL showing his signature , Ebay closed the case 10 minutes after it was opened but the buyer managed to open a case at paypal. they retained my money one week then i won but they never closed the case so again they holded my money because he opened a claim with his financial institution telling now that "the item was defective" i replied , how can the item is defective if he "never received it " in the first place? two weeks after that paypal returned me my funds again , because i meet their protection. A few days ago i received a case update telling me that the financial institution won the case but since i am a good customer they will not deduct the money from me..

This is what i sold him , its a sealed gameboy game inside an original nintendo security case not supposed to be opened unless its broken... 

20200702_133920.thumb.jpg.78e86ed08254ada0a5a2e68fa00f1fc0.jpg

20200702_133942.thumb.jpg.900272c61af71814342b8c0cf0fbab56.jpg

This is what the guy wants to return me , because somehow he opened the security case (the security case is more valuable than the game by the way...) and the game "is not sealed"

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.0dbafad47899a8b7304ef3a00e7d8f48.jpg

He clearly opened the case by force and damaged the seal or he is showing me another case another and another game . I have the pics but the listing has already dissapeared from ebay :( I only have the sale listed here its like a free GPA for games  https://gamevaluenow.com/gameboy/Super-Star-Wars-Return-of-the-Jedi?gameid=427

Edited by Mijael.Levy

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

Ditzy wife screwup checkmates fraudmaster for the WIN!