• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dr.X's Christmas Contest 2020 is in motion?
12 12

1,285 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

seriously, do everything you can while your still here. tomorrow is promised to no one sad to say. we have an expiration date. some sooner than others. I lost two more friends in the last 6 weeks. it happens. I take nothing for granted anymore, and I'm glad to still be walking upright.

I tell people all this all the time. send people a text or a message to make sure they are okay. see if they need something or anything you can do for them. see if they want to go to lunch or meet for a beer. you may not get that chance again. this world has changed drastically sad to say.

happiness, when I get on my bike, or go on a run with a thousand people to help someone, that makes me happy, or just hitting the road and I forget about all the b.s. for awhile anyway.

thanks for everyone playing and hanging around here. it means something to me.

Preach my friend.

Just now, DR.X said:

seriously, do everything you can while your still here. tomorrow is promised to no one sad to say. we have an expiration date. some sooner than others. I lost two more friends in the last 6 weeks. it happens. I take nothing for granted anymore, and I'm glad to still be walking upright.

I tell people all this all the time. send people a text or a message to make sure they are okay. see if they need something or anything you can do for them. see if they want to go to lunch or meet for a beer. you may not get that chance again. this world has changed drastically sad to say.

happiness, when I get on my bike, or go on a run with a thousand people to help someone, that makes me happy, or just hitting the road and I forget about all the b.s. for awhile anyway.

Wise words.  Sorry to hear about your friends.  It really has been a difficult year.   Thanks for hosting this game to get our minds off things.  

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

I really liked this Siege trade I picked up,warworld?Where Doc Ock is a gal and there's like zombie robots and cyclops clones.

The dollarama here has stacks of trades for three bucks once in a while.I read what I luck into.A lot of Year Zero was cool.

oh cool.  I'll put Siege on my list.  Thanks for the recommendation.

13 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Try sitting here and dealing with this...............plus my cell phone and land line blowing up. Facebook messages, disturbances on my block, text messages, and other buffoonery.

I want to hear about the disturbances on your block.   :popcorn:

4 minutes ago, DR.X said:

What you say is true , more so this year! 

Good time of year to pick a charity & donate to it whether national or local. Whether it is your time or $.

Thanks for doing the contest very year! We all look forward to it!

9 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

what is the deal with the clue posts you are doing this time? Is it just for fun or is there a prize @DR.X

I've only seen one so far and have no idea what it is all about.

I have done a raffle prize that last two years. The clues are just hype, before I reveal what the prize is. I usually do a drawing about a week after Christmas. D Pontoon won last years Eerie Hard Cover.

@DR.X Having followed your posts for years now the only thing that would surprise me is if you weren't doing things like that. I always enjoy the pics of your rides and I think for the most part they are usually some kind of charity event. 

:golfclap:

Edited by wombat

16 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

@porcupine48  Check out House of X if you haven't read that yet.  Pretty phenomenal. 

As I said,I sort of read what comes my way.Three four bucks is affordable to me and getting the trades is great because I collect floppies but very very little modern,post copper.That's just post Civil War right?Or pre?I was gifted a long of CW era and a bit after the Illuminati(?) so I've read a bit that's touched on it.Is that where Scarlet Witch messes up mutants?Really I'm lost and sort of enjoy the way these trades come my way like listening to the radio..never know what's coming next.

23 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I'm sorry to hear about your friends.  What you say is true and people will get more out of life the sooner they realize these things rather than wait for old age to apply them.  "We must all think about tomorrow, but without forgetting to live today. ("La Dolce Vida")

Or, from a more comic-oriented movie: No amount of money ever bought a second of time.  ("Avengers:  Endgame")

3 hours ago, Roo_Phillip said:

PXL_20201219_181426177.thumb.jpg.90fc2342610d533dab4107b683eac5d0.jpg

Here is the updated list….     
CGC Name Guess ..
IkewithMike   $331.57  
Sensei Ryan   $350.00  
FoggyNelson   $540.22  
ashsaytr   $643.14  
Murphman13   $753.50  
1950's war comics   $777.77  
namisgr   $788.26  
BriD.   $823.14