• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crazy Bob's DC Atom Age Collection
1 1

51 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Murphy Anderson is Crazy Bob’s favorite

Murphy Anderson is considered to be a favorite by other people, such as ME. Four of my favorite Murphy Anderson books are Showcase #55 - #56, Dr. Fate and Hourman tryout issues, and Brave and the Bold #61 - #62, Starman and Black Canary try-out issues. Murphy did not have the dynamism of Jack Kirby, but his artwork was just so exquisite. And let's not forget all those JLA issues where he inked the covers - some are classics, such as JLA #21, the first JLA/JSA meeting. I was just fascinated by those GA heroes in that issue, so, when I saw the try-out issues, I just HAD to buy them.

Edited by Math Teacher

On 12/23/2020 at 3:17 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Here's Bob's copy.  I know he loves it, so I'm not sure why he's just up and decided to sell it?  You couldn't pay me $1000000 dollars for my Dazzler #1.  I'm going to ask Crazy Bob if he could keep only one comic from the boxes, which would it be?

Strange Adventures #144.jpg

I'm glad you told us that; I was about to offer you $1,000,000 for your Dazzler no. 1, sight unseen, but instead I decided to spend the money on a NM copy of Muppet Babies no. 1. (It's raw, but the seller verbally agreed to give me a 5% rebate if CGC finds any restoration when I have it slabbed.)

On 12/23/2020 at 8:19 PM, Terry_JSA said:

I’ve never really got into Archie comics. It was mainly DC or Marvel for me.

I like some of the Vigoda covers, but I've found the early '50s stories that I've read to be very boring (so I haven't bothered to read very many of them).

Edited by jimbo_7071