• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little Carousel of Comics
1 1

122 posts in this topic

Miscellaneous complete sets lot of 4 sets (again assume by modern standards that these are for reading but otherwise nice copies, all series complete 27 books total, ExMortis 1-7; Survivors Club 1-9; Dark & Bloody 1-6; Replica 1-5 altogether for$15.00

Misc-Sets-Lot1-Boards.jpg

Misc-Sets-Lot2-Boards.jpg

On 1/1/2021 at 9:12 AM, dza510 said:

@ECDCHoly... just googled what that was. I've spotted a C-5 once while driving near my local AFB and that was a giant in the sky. Can't imagine seeing an AN 225 up close. Very cool!

It was awesome. I think it was the AN 224 that was in town (this was 30-35 years ago) and one of the massive engines failed and had to be replaced. They used the AN 225 to  transport the replacement engine. One of the 12 (twelve!) pilots had a MI (heart attack) on the tarmac and I was working at that station that month. So the three of us ran up those steps (something like 4 stories) and made our way to the cockpit to treat this guy, a scoop-n-run (no messing around, just keep him alive and get him to the hospital quick). I never did find out why the armed soldiers were all over the cavernous cargo bay. Since the only thing I had ever flown in was a 737, this just blew me away.

@crassus, Exactly! I would read Real Life and True comics. Usually anything to do with a president, war heroes, and also crime, would inspire me to grab the encyclopedia or almanac and then decide if I wanted to find a book dedicated to that subject. What kind of history do you teach and how old is your son? Really cool that history is one of the sparks lighting his intellectual curiosity. 

On 1/1/2021 at 2:24 PM, crassus said:

The Fade Out 1 9.4 (8.5" x 11" magazine format "faux wear" variant but as a bonus you get a very real printing defect btm fc & bc

The Fade Out 1-12 complete set (not worth grading individually, so consider these readers by modern standards, but nice copies)

Take it altogether for $20.00 

FadeOut-1-MagVer-fc.jpg

FadeOut-1-MagVer-bc.jpg

FadeOut-Set.jpg

This was recommended to me a little while back.  :takeit:

15 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:
On 1/1/2021 at 3:24 PM, crassus said:

The Fade Out 1 9.4 (8.5" x 11" magazine format "faux wear" variant but as a bonus you get a very real printing defect btm fc & bc

The Fade Out 1-12 complete set (not worth grading individually, so consider these readers by modern standards, but nice copies)

Take it altogether for $20.00 

FadeOut-1-MagVer-fc.jpg

FadeOut-1-MagVer-bc.jpg

FadeOut-Set.jpg

Expand  

This was recommended to me a little while back.  :takeit:

All yours, many thanks indeed :smile:

18 hours ago, ECDC said:

It was awesome. I think it was the AN 224 that was in town (this was 30-35 years ago) and one of the massive engines failed and had to be replaced. They used the AN 225 to  transport the replacement engine. One of the 12 (twelve!) pilots had a MI (heart attack) on the tarmac and I was working at that station that month. So the three of us ran up those steps (something like 4 stories) and made our way to the cockpit to treat this guy, a scoop-n-run (no messing around, just keep him alive and get him to the hospital quick). I never did find out why the armed soldiers were all over the cavernous cargo bay. Since the only thing I had ever flown in was a 737, this just blew me away.

@crassus, Exactly! I would read Real Life and True comics. Usually anything to do with a president, war heroes, and also crime, would inspire me to grab the encyclopedia or almanac and then decide if I wanted to find a book dedicated to that subject. What kind of history do you teach and how old is your son? Really cool that history is one of the sparks lighting his intellectual curiosity. 

Thanks for asking, my son is 10 and as you might expect not a big fan of school, and to the extent he gets history at school its not even really Canadian history its more colonial Quebec (New France) and aboriginal history, as far as the rest of the world is concerned it has to come from TV, documentaries or his parents. I teach the obligatory Western Civilization survey (what some call "Plato to NATO" etc), Ancient Egypt (which I love because it involves also learning about archeology), Cold War and sometimes WW2 and more modern 20th Century history sometimes too. I cannot complain, I love teaching and being in the classroom, and I'm hoping we'll get back there by next Fall. This semester coming I'm still going to be stuck with "remote learning" from home. :tonofbricks:

9 minutes ago, crassus said:

Thanks for asking, my son is 10 and as you might expect not a big fan of school, and to the extent he gets history at school its not even really Canadian history its more colonial Quebec (New France) and aboriginal history, as far as the rest of the world is concerned it has to come from TV, documentaries or his parents. I teach the obligatory Western Civilization survey (what some call "Plato to NATO" etc), Ancient Egypt (which I love because it involves also learning about archeology), Cold War and sometimes WW2 and more modern 20th Century history sometimes too. I cannot complain, I love teaching and being in the classroom, and I'm hoping we'll get back there by next Fall. This semester coming I'm still going to be stuck with "remote learning" from home. :tonofbricks:

That is super cool (the teaching). I always respected and appreciated my teachers, and most of them did so with a passion. Neat!

Things will get better. Just going to take a little time.  (thumbsu

Jon

Thread Recap

More coming today (don't say you weren't warned)

Lots of great stuff still available  

Always happy to consider PM offers!

Many thanks to everyone for having a look :smile:

PAGE 1

Thor 1 (Ribic variant) CGC 9.8 W $325.00 

Dell Giant 27 CGC 8.5 W $75.00 

PAGE 2 

Vampire Lestat 10 Bolton SS CGC 9.6 W $125.00 

Moebius The Horny Goof 6.5 $25.00

Illustration Magazine, lot of 7 Issues $45.00 

PAGE 3

Hannes Bok I portfolio 1975 $15.00 

Hannes Bok II portfolio 1975 $20.00 OR both I & II for $25.00

Miscellaneous Moderns Lot of 16 $12.00 

Bram Stoker's Dracula (Topps Mignola) 1-4 $15.00

Miscellaneous Sci-Fi Heritage & Filmfax 3 book lot $10.00 

Heritage Superman themed 3 Catalogue lot $30.00 

Heritage no themed 3 Catalogue lot $15.00

Event Leviathan 1-6 and Leviathan Dawn 1, 7 book lot $15.00

Miscellaneous 3 book lot $10.00

Miscellaneous Horror themed 4 book lot $10.00

Terry Moore Strangers in Paradise themed 2 item lot $20.00

PAGE 4

Sheltered 1-15 complete set $15.00

Hellboy 20th Anniversary Sampler x5 book lot $20.00

Miscellaneous complete sets lot of 4 sets (27 books) $15.00

Ok well before I post any hg mind blowing Marvel excitement I need to first finish posting up the dull oddball stuff that nobody cares about, and yes, its the principle of the thing

Legends of Arzach Gallery 2-4 three portfolio lot (a Moebius tribute by a variety of artists including John Buscema, Richard Corben, Frank Brunner and many others, a total of 24 8" x 11" glossy prints, outer folders are 6.5ish but all prints NMish a new$20.00

Legends-3portfolioLot-Boards.jpg

Legends-3plates-A.jpg

Legends-3plates-B.jpg

Legends-3plates-C.jpg

Legends-frontpage-2.jpg

Legends-frontpage-3.jpg

Legends-frontpage-4.jpg

Edited by crassus

It occurred to me that the single pic of the front pages listing the artists was so small it was unreadable, so replaced it with single images of the lists of artists for each portfolio, its quite a lineup so worth posting, if anyone wants more interior pics just let me know