• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to Collect Comic Art - A Channel Dedicated to the Hobby of Collecting Comic Art & Comic Books + Pop Culture
2 2

17 posts in this topic

The next time you need examples for your videos, this is probably a good group to ask for samples from their collections.

And no, I don’t know who did that sketch you showed in the first video, but don’t forget to warn buyers about the damaging impact of sunlight on marker worker.

8 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

The next time you need examples for your videos, this is probably a good group to ask for samples from their collections.

And no, I don’t know who did that sketch you showed in the first video, but don’t forget to warn buyers about the damaging impact of sunlight on marker worker.

Oh yes I know I was forgetting a few things in that video haha.  I'll add that to my description and I'll make a comment and pin it to the top.  I'll reach out to the community in the future if anyone wants one of their pieces used as an example!  Thank you Rick!

7 hours ago, NicoV said:

All comic art oriented content is welcome! I also subscribed to your channel and added a few links to your videos in ComicArtTracker's FAQ / Comic Art Collecting Guide! (more specifically in this entry about what comic art is and this one about storing comic art).

Many many thanks Nico!

52 minutes ago, Taylor G said:

Not to be confused with:

Remember, this art is going to outlive us.

Thank you for sharing Taylor, the comic art preservation thread is very interesting and I think I can develop an episode around it.  I have a long list of videos to make so far so I need to make priorities on what content to come out sooner :)

For the conservation thread you linked, I was going to take a deeper dive from my video about how to store comic art to a video focused on "How to Show Off Your Original Comic Art" specifically:
1.  Online database comic art site: ComicArtFans
2.  Posting on social media - Instagram has huge comic book fanbase
3.  Custom Frame and mat pieces with accompanied comic page (Show my Fathom example) - Make sure the art is safe/archival and adheres to museum standards, etc

Just tell people to save high res TIFF scans, not just the low res JPEGs on CAF, especially if they have complete stories.

And be sure to back up the drive the scans are on.

Deacidification: Professional restorers charge $$$$ to immerse art in baths that do this, but there are alternatives (Bookkeeper) that are much less expensive and basically DIY.  LOC has lots of experience with it.

2 hours ago, Taylor G said:

Just tell people to save high res TIFF scans, not just the low res JPEGs on CAF, especially if they have complete stories.

And be sure to back up the drive the scans are on.

Deacidification: Professional restorers charge $$$$ to immerse art in baths that do this, but there are alternatives (Bookkeeper) that are much less expensive and basically DIY.  LOC has lots of experience with it.

That may soak up too much storage space on CAF.