• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround times

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I have made my first CGC submission for both pressing & grading.

I was wondering how the turnaround time was working.

Currently, the turnaround are:

Modern grading : 33 days

Modern pressing : 86 days

Does it means that my comics will take around 86 days to get pressed, then, 33 additional days to get graded (109 days in total) ?

If yes, it seems like I will not see my comics for a very long time..

Thanks for your help !

22 minutes ago, E5150 said:

That is correct. And those are business days not calendar days.

But wait!  There’s more!  I believe the clock doesn’t start counting until they are in a received status at CGC.  From the time your books are delivered in Sarasota to the time they get marked as “received”, it can be about two weeks.  

Edited by SOTIcollector

4 hours ago, SOTIcollector said:

But wait!  There’s more!  I believe the clock doesn’t start counting until they are in a received status at CGC.  From the time your books are delivered in Sarasota to the time they get marked as “received”, it can be about two weeks.  

Yea I saw that... They received my submission 2 weeks ago and they only updated it as “received” today... 

And because I send them from Switzerland, it took 2 weeks for them to arrived... So, its been already 1 month lol

Well, I am a bit disappointed by the turnaround times as it means that I will not see my comics for an addition 3-4 months... 

Anyway, nothing we can do about that haha

Thanks for your answer guys !

It’s also my first time submitting. I had to do magazine walkthrough due to value. I did screening and pressing. CGC marked it as received 12/15

screening is tier + 15 days, walkthrough is the tier so that would be same day I believe. Pressing is 10 days. So it should be 25 business days total right? My credit card was just charged on 1/11 for pressing, but it still just says received as status. I’m patient so if it’s going to take longer that’s no problem, just wondering if it’s more likely to take longer than advertised.