• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revenge grading now at CGC
4 4

189 posts in this topic

Just now, The Lions Den said:

This thread is beginning to have a familiar tone...  hm

I agree.  You would think that we were talking about a pair of AF15's being graded or something.

39 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

Of course i know this would happen.  This IS A CGC forum.    But i want to give CGC a fair shot at explaining the strange events with this submission. 

If they do, it won't be on a public forum, but in direct communication with you.

Wondering if I'm the only one wanting 'revenge' for having wasted time reading this thread.

Edited by namisgr

8 minutes ago, nickdrizzle said:

yes, i do. no one wants to harass your wife/kids. i think we are all interested to see how you handle/store your cards and what you do with them... answered

your the only one that made a comment of ethics.  why havent anyone else answered yet.  I have no problem sharing the video channels if everyone can be ethical and not bother or harass them.   

here a screen shot. 

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2021.02.11-10_48_40.png

Edited by alohaboyz

• Administrator

Hello Alohaboyz,

Your invoice was graded on 11/30/2020. It then went onto the research cart for some cards that were not in our database, which can indeed cause a delay.

The delay that was incurred was not normal, and was 100% CGC's fault, and I apologize for that. But the wild accusation that CGC "took revenge" on you is completely out of line. It is also disputed by the fact that the invoice was graded in late November, well before you were inquiring about it.

You have my email, as we talked about this invoice on January 15th. Next time, please just reach out to me directly with your issues and I will be happy to assist.

Thank you,

Paul

2 minutes ago, PaulS. said:

Hello Alohaboyz,

Your invoice was graded on 11/30/2020. It then went onto the research cart for some cards that were not in our database, which can indeed cause a delay.

The delay that was incurred was not normal, and was 100% CGC's fault, and I apologize for that. But the wild accusation that CGC "took revenge" on you is completely out of line. It is also disputed by the fact that the invoice was graded in late November, well before you were inquiring about it.

You have my email, as we talked about this invoice on January 15th. Next time, please just reach out to me directly with your issues and I will be happy to assist.

Thank you,

Paul

are you available to talk on the phone now?   

13 minutes ago, nickdrizzle said:

yes, i do. no one wants to harass your wife/kids. i think we are all interested to see how you handle/store your cards and what you do with them... answered

my wife and kids spend a lot of time making nice videos of CGC reveals.   Graphics , music , all good for CGC.

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2021.02.11-10_51_14.png

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2021.02.11-10_54_31.png

Edited by alohaboyz

• Administrator
1 minute ago, alohaboyz said:

are you available to talk on the phone now?   

Sure, just call the normal customer service line and ask for me.

Paul

Seriously, though. The grades were logged before it got researched and it would bear logic that the grading was done around the same time as some of his other bulk orders, which erodes the central argument that they shafted him to retaliate. Sounds like he just had a bunch of 8-9s instead of 9-9.5s in that batch. He might be able to show some statistical skew, but a sample size of 10 submissions isn't likely to be enough to really say. I think Aloha needs to send in a few dozen more bulk batches so we can see more data.

Just now, Ron Churches said:

Seriously, though. The grades were logged before it got researched and it would bear logic that the grading was done around the same time as some of his other bulk orders, which erodes the central argument that they shafted him to retaliate. Sounds like he just had a bunch of 8-9s instead of 9-9.5s in that batch. He might be able to show some statistical skew, but a sample size of 10 submissions isn't likely to be enough to really say. I think Aloha needs to send in a few dozen more bulk batches so we can see more data.

What it sounds like (t0 me) is that there were two lead graders in the room handling different batches and the grades were consistent with a +/- .5 subjective rating.

Talk to Paul.    Solved in a fair manner as usual.

To all you posting,  Step back and see both sides.  Then you get a more clear picture.

Props to Paul again.  

======================================================================================

On a side note (not related to CGC)  educate yourself:

.   A BGS submitter had his "chrome" cards sitting in the BGS storage for serval months.  When he got his card back, all the grade were very low with the subs on surface bring down the overall grade.  What he noticed, is the surface on many cards were "fogged", what most likely happened was the cards somehow got stored in a humid part of the facility which caused the problem.  People that actually grade cards understand what humidity does to chrome cards.

There is a lot of factors that effect cards that many here do not understand.  that is why i do not like cards sitting longer than needed.  Only bad things happed if cards sit around.   Next time you post,  have more experience with submissions.

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2021.02.11-11_33_27.png

Edited by alohaboyz

29 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

Just going on what i had experienced in the past multiple subs from the same collection. 

Also, been using grading companies a Long time.   

screenshot-www.cgccomics.com-2021.02.11-11_35_25.png

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2021.02.11-11_38_45.png

11 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

Talk to Paul.    Solved in a fair manner as usual.

To all you posting,  Step back and see both sides.  Then you get a more clear picture.

Props to Paul again.  

======================================================================================

On a side note (not related to CGC)  educate yourself:

.   A BGS submitter had his "chrome" cards sitting in the BGS storage for serval months.  When he got his card back, all the grade were very low with the subs on surface bring down the overall grade.  What he noticed, is the surface on many cards were "fogged", what most likely happened was the cards somehow got stored in a humid part of the facility which caused the problem.  People that actually grade cards understand what humidity does to chrome cards.

There is a lot of factors that effect cards that many here do not understand.  that is why i do not like cards sitting longer than needed.  Only bad things happed if cards sit around.   Next time you post,  have more experience with submissions.

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2021.02.11-11_33_27.png

Yeah, no. Your a legit diva. I wish CGC would blacklist people. Crying on the message boards as a grown man is pathetic. I wish CGC would realize that your business is pretty irrelevant and had some balls to kick you to the curve. Your behavior is unacceptable and shouldnt be tolerated.