• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DIY Pressing
3 3

55 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

All this talk of pizza made hungry for some.

And no it wasn't Carmine's or Tony's. 

Mariella's on Metropolitan ? 

1 minute ago, PeteFromPetesBasement said:

Tony’s is great for regular slices, or a pepperoni slice.

Carmine’s is great for their specialty slices - the upside down L&B style, the Italian flag slice with pesto, or the hipstery super topping slices that seem to be all the rage lately. Carmine’s also has great food and the sports bar nextdoor when it was actually opened. BUT Carmine’s regular slice leaves a lot to be desired. The brick oven dries out the sauce and despite what 8yr old Pete says about mozzarella, the key to a good slice of pizza is the sauce and the oil. And for a good regular, Tony’s is it. 

I will deal with this later.  Talking to Steph C right now. 

45 minutes ago, PeteFromPetesBasement said:

I thought @PeteFromPetesBasement was a figment of Buzzetta's imagination, not a real person.  Kind of like one of kav's many imaginary friends that he tells stories of. 

:hi: Pete! 

1 minute ago, Albert Thurgood said:

Thread has been derailed but we have a big controversy between @Buzzetta and @PeteFromPetesBasement vis-a-vis Tony's v Carmine's pizza.

Actually it was between @Buzzetta and @BlowUpTheMoon

@PeteFromPetesBasement just disproved that you can only go to one or the other, but not both. 

1 hour ago, PeteFromPetesBasement said:

Carmine’s is great for their specialty slices - the upside down L&B style, the Italian flag slice with pesto, or the hipstery super topping slices that seem to be all the rage lately. Carmine’s also has great food and the sports bar nextdoor when it was actually opened. BUT Carmine’s regular slice leaves a lot to be desired. The brick oven dries out the sauce and despite what 8yr old Pete says about mozzarella, the key to a good slice of pizza is the sauce and the oil. And for a good regular, Tony’s is it. 

I love L & B - 2nd favorite pizza ( 1st favorite square ) hands down IMHO the best pizza in NY ( also Brooklyn ) is Di Fara’s 

1 minute ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I love L & B - 2nd favorite pizza ( 1st favorite square ) hands down IMHO the best pizza in NY ( also Brooklyn ) is Di Fara’s 

lol I one time called up a friend of mine and said that another friend and I were going to get pizza and asked if he wanted to join us.  Said we would swing by and pick him up.  What we didn't tell him was that we were going to drive for 45 minutes to L&B.  We were already on the Southern State by the time he realized what was going on. lol 

Edited by Buzzetta

Just now, Buzzetta said:

lol I one time called up a friend of mine and said that another friend and I were going to get pizza and asked if he wanted to join us.  What we didn't tell him was that we were going to drive for 45 minutes to L&B.  We were already on the Southern State by the time he realized what was going on. lol 

Anytime I’m all the way out that far it’s a mandatory stop , honorary mention to John’s deli down the road for a fantastic Roast Beef 

1 minute ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Anytime I’m all the way out that far it’s a mandatory stop , honorary mention to John’s deli down the road for a fantastic Roast Beef 

Last time I was passing through on the southern side of Brooklyn by car was coming home from a wedding in New Jersey.   Stopped off and grabbed a pizza to take home but stopped off at Brennan and Carr for lunch.