• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm back. Can I buy all those old comics at cover price yet? Did the crash happen while I was away?
2 2

42 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Aces said:

So, I've been mostly gone from the boards and the hobby for about six years now and what do I see when I return?

CGC is way behind on turn around times...

Guys cracking slabs and upgrade-selling on eBay...

Hulk 181 scams on eBay...

Greggy buying more romance books... :foryou:

Looks like nothing has changed! :insane:

How you all doing?

Did I miss the great comic crash? It looks like everything is more expensive than ever... :frown:

Time to pack it up, and call it a day for 6 more years. Everything is overpriced, and scarce. Best time to sell IMO.

2 hours ago, Aces said:

So, I've been mostly gone from the boards and the hobby for about six years now and what do I see when I return?

CGC is way behind on turn around times...

Guys cracking slabs and upgrade-selling on eBay...

Hulk 181 scams on eBay...

Greggy buying more romance books... :foryou:

Looks like nothing has changed! :insane:

How you all doing?

Did I miss the great comic crash? It looks like everything is more expensive than ever... :frown:

I have a ton of comics i would be happy to sell you at cover price. By "old" you mean anything more than 2 years old, right?

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

Welcome back Chris.  :foryou:

Prices really have gone insane.  I can kinda get behind the SA keys but I'm floored by the prices of CA and MA

Hey there matchstick.

This place is awesome. My sales thread closed out in less than an hour. :applause:

9 hours ago, Aces said:

Sold it all 2013-2015... Probably could get 3x now. Can't believe  FF 49 in FVF is a $2500 book now. I had multiples in mid grade... :tonofbricks:

And FF 5 in 3.5 I sold for $600 is now $5K. :frustrated:

i dont know you, but condolences on having sold everything when you did! it's truly a sellers market just now. of course nothing lasts forever. 

hope you put your comic earnings to good use 6-8 years ago! 

13 hours ago, Aces said:

Just in case anyone wonders why...

who would have ever thought we really are in a recession. Except in this one, everything goes up. That is assuming, you have something to begin with.

fed.jpg

Edited by bronze_rules

Like every meme stock these days and buyers with FOMO, comic book buying has become no different... a lot of people are paying absolutely ludicrous prices for books. When prices drop on comics (and I believe they will at some point), a lot of people will be left bag holding books they paid idiotic prices for .. just my 2c... and I don’t feel sorry for them either .