• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does CGC recognize a LOA for Pedigree? UPDATE !
2 2

21 posts in this topic

If anyone has ever submitted a pedigree book, I have a couple of questions. I bought a Batman Collection and this book had a Massachusetts pedigree LOA with it. Will CGC recognize this as a legitimate form of pedigree proof ? The 2nd question is, when I send it in will they return the LOA with it ?  Thanks 

47EA0A8C-FEAF-445C-AD97-22105146C6F4.jpeg

FCD78474-7E67-454A-A441-8ADD9F7527E4.jpeg

Edited by Lamborghinikid

46 minutes ago, Lamborghinikid said:

If anyone has ever submitted a pedigree book, I have a couple of questions. I bought a Batman Collection and this book had a Massachusetts pedigree LOA with it. Will CGC recognize this as a legitimate form of pedigree proof ? The 2nd question is, when I send it in will they return the LOA with it ?  Thanks 

47EA0A8C-FEAF-445C-AD97-22105146C6F4.jpeg

FCD78474-7E67-454A-A441-8ADD9F7527E4.jpeg

Here is the lost of current recognized pedigrees by cgc

https://www.cgccomics.com/resources/pedigree/

Although it's worth saying I havent ever submitted for a pedigree, so i dont know the ends and outs

17 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

I don’t think they’ll return the cert, but that’s the documentation you should send in with the book.

Signed by a boardie to boot!  

I was really hoping that they would return the cert but if the cert will stand good and they will actually give me a pedigree label on it , I won’t complain about that at all. 

43 minutes ago, Lamborghinikid said:

I was really hoping that they would return the cert but if the cert will stand good and they will actually give me a pedigree label on it , I won’t complain about that at all. 

They tend to return all certificates now and have done it in the past with other documentation. 

You can try but my thinking is no. It's a ped with no markings. An LOA stating got it from Marnin prob wont do it.  If you had an invoice from Marnin that ties to an ad Marnin ran listing the Mass book then that could be different.

But definitely write the submit up as the ped and include the paper, might as well try, and they will send it back.

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

I don’t think they’ll return the cert, but that’s the documentation you should send in with the book.

Signed by a boardie to boot!  

Many years ago I submitted the Twilight Copy of Detective 71 and they returned the Twilight certificate with the book.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

You can try but my thinking is no. It's a ped with no markings. An LOA stating got it from Marnin prob wont do it.  If you had an invoice from Marnin that ties to an ad Marnin ran listing the Mass book then that could be different.

But definitely write the submit up as the ped and include the paper, might as well try, and they will send it back.

Your thinking like me. I would think you would need more supporting evidence. The actual book is photographed on the cert but i don’t know if that will stand good either ? Photo proof is usually the most definitive but it might not be enough. We’re talking about a company that won’t certify a signature unless it’s actually witnessed, which is a good thing. I will definitely follow this up with an update so we will all know in the future. 

I don't think that they would accept just a random LOA to determine a pedigree. If so, that's pretty ridiculous since they won't accept sealed books with COAs from well known companies like Dynamic Forces for yellow labels

13 hours ago, Lamborghinikid said:

Your thinking like me. I would think you would need more supporting evidence. The actual book is photographed on the cert but i don’t know if that will stand good either ? Photo proof is usually the most definitive but it might not be enough. We’re talking about a company that won’t certify a signature unless it’s actually witnessed, which is a good thing. I will definitely follow this up with an update so we will all know in the future. 

How clear is the photo of the book?

2 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

How clear is the photo of the book?

It’s not very clear at all. You can see the book and some alignments but it’s not good enough to where you can pick up on small details. You can tell the signature on the cert is live ink but I only wonder if that’s enough for actual pedigree proof. I imagine that if it’s real they would have seen multiple copies of the same certifications in the past and they can use that to determine if it’s real. I plan on sending it in next week and I will absolutely update everyone on the outcome. 

2 minutes ago, Lamborghinikid said:

I thought I would update everyone on the outcome. I called CGC and they told me to send a clear scanned copy of the original document. They told me to keep the original with me. I sent the book with the scanned copy and I also put the pedigree in online when I was submitting the book.  Easy enough ! 

2486CBB2-285A-48A3-BE57-BA93987265DC.jpeg

:whee:

1 hour ago, Lamborghinikid said:

I thought I would update everyone on the outcome. I called CGC and they told me to send a clear scanned copy of the original document. They told me to keep the original with me. I sent the book with the scanned copy and I also put the pedigree in online when I was submitting the book.  Easy enough ! 

2486CBB2-285A-48A3-BE57-BA93987265DC.jpeg

The pedigree label is so beautiful!