BRZRKR #1 1:1000
2 2

145 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone purchased one of the Keanu signed 1:1000 variants that were advertised? I liked the first issue and want to see where this comic is going, but is this something worth investing in? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 11:41 AM, nickdrizzle said:

 is this something worth investing in? 

Absolutely not. $2000 for an ungraded modern variant from àn unproven comic is absolutely asinine. If you have the spare money and just want a yellow label Keanu Reeves signature, then that's another story. But in no way should that book be seen as an investment

Edited by Nic8612
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the problem with asking this type of question would be you may get biased answers, why would anyone share their genuine investment strategies with internet strangers for free.  Of course they might, but how can you know?  These aren’t cheap, so if you need advice on it it from internet strangers it’s probably not a great buy for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

Absolutely not. $2000 for an ungraded modern variant from àn unproven comic is absolutely asinine. If you have the spare money and just want a yellow label Keanu Reeves signature, then that's another story. But in no way should that book be seen as an investment

I wonder how many people have said this about other series... hm

Hey, some times you got to take a chance, u never know.  I took a chance on a GSXM 1 on auction that looked like it wasn't pressed last year....  fast forward to this year, sent it in for Claremont sig and it came back a 9.6....  going by todays ebay prices not bad for a 3800 dollar investment...  :grin:

Edited by god503
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nowadays u never know especially when they make movies out of them.  Just look at ANYTHING venom!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, god503 said:

Nowadays u never know especially when they make movies out of them.  Just look at ANYTHING venom!!!

Just look at anything NOT Marvel movie related....not everything gets a movie bump

 

And your previous statement about GSX 1 comparing it to this is ridiculous. That's XMEN and they're coming to the MCU

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

Just look at anything NOT Marvel movie related....not everything gets a movie bump

 

And your previous statement about GSX 1 comparing it to this is ridiculous. That's XMEN and they're coming to the MCU

Dude take it easy.  For you it may be asinine to spend 2k on a chance, but for some its no different then buying stock!!!! And an FYI the average sell price on EBAY for BRZKR keanu sig copy went for about 3K, so OP and me are already ahead of the game, for now...  Just because you wouldn't do it for whatever reason as well as the fact that for some 2k is not a big chance, doesnt make it right for you to step on someone's neck. (asinine, ridiculous)  Also I used GSXM 1 as a comparison about taking a chance, i know it depends on how any movie does.  Just look at blood shot!!!!  rai 0 was worth MORE before the movie.  The movie sucked....  And don't tell me u knew that a GSXM 1 at 9.6 was going to hit 40K when last year is was about 5 or 6k at the most!!! And I took a chance at the price of 3800.   And if the BRSKR movie is a Keanu hit, then what???  Will you tolerate me chasing you all over the boards saying I told you so????

Edited by god503
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, god503 said:

Dude take it easy.  For you it may be asinine to spend 2k on a chance, but for some its no different then buying stock!!!! And an FYI the average sell price on EBAY for BRZKR keanu sig copy went for about 3K, so OP and me are already ahead of the game, for now...  Just because you wouldn't do it for whatever reason as well as the fact that for some 2k is not a big chance, doesnt make it right for you to step on someone's neck. (asinine, ridiculous)  Also I used GSXM 1 as a comparison about taking a chance, i know it depends on how any movie does.  Just look at blood shot!!!!  rai 0 was worth MORE before the movie.  The movie sucked....  And don't tell me u knew that a GSXM 1 at 9.6 was going to hit 40K when last year is was about 5 or 6k at the most!!! And I took a chance at the price of 3800.   And if the BRSKR movie is a Keanu hit, then what???  Will you tolerate me chasing you all over the boards saying I told you so????

1123043795_take-it-down-10-20-squirrely-dan(1).thumb.jpg.6cc987627d44fa3e3aa0b505b74af92a.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

1123043795_take-it-down-10-20-squirrely-dan(1).thumb.jpg.6cc987627d44fa3e3aa0b505b74af92a.jpg

1st issue sold about 620000 copies.  Which means there are only 620 copies of the signed cover 1:1000....  rarity has value my friend...  :baiting:   don't hate the player...  hate the game.  (thumbsu

Edited by god503
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, god503 said:

1st issue sold about 620000 copies.  Which means there are only 620 copies of the signed cover 1:1000....  rarity has value my friend...  :baiting:   don't hate the player...  hate the game.  (thumbsu

That's not how 1:1000 works though is it?  I thought that meant that a retailer had to buy 1000 copies to get 1 copy of the 1:1000 variant.  If every retailer in the country were to buy 999 copies, then theoretically, no 1:1000 would be sold.  I'm also led to believe that the printer may print a certain number of copies and that stock of ratio variants could find other ways into the marketplace.  All his is to say that even if 620,000 copies of the book sold, that shouldn't equate to 620 copies of the 1:1000.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, god503 said:

Dude take it easy.  For you it may be asinine to spend 2k on a chance, but for some its no different then buying stock!!!! And an FYI the average sell price on EBAY for BRZKR keanu sig copy went for about 3K, so OP and me are already ahead of the game, for now...  Just because you wouldn't do it for whatever reason as well as the fact that for some 2k is not a big chance, doesnt make it right for you to step on someone's neck. (asinine, ridiculous)  Also I used GSXM 1 as a comparison about taking a chance, i know it depends on how any movie does.  Just look at blood shot!!!!  rai 0 was worth MORE before the movie.  The movie sucked....  And don't tell me u knew that a GSXM 1 at 9.6 was going to hit 40K when last year is was about 5 or 6k at the most!!! And I took a chance at the price of 3800.   And if the BRSKR movie is a Keanu hit, then what???  Will you tolerate me chasing you all over the boards saying I told you so????

Are sure the OP got in at $2k? It wasn’t clear to me what price point they were at.  And the fact that he didn’t even think to list the price means he’s not thinking about things the right way to be investing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Summon @Buzzetta 

20210323_000422.jpg.0807dddd2c6e06e535f0581f9bc2cfbf.jpg

What do you think about this? 

I think I like the Sinatra card more.  However, I think that if there is a series of these I should get an order through a card company then submit them to CGC to grade.  Then I can wait for them to come back and complain during the interim about the TAT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I think I like the Sinatra card more.  However, I think that if there is a series of these I should get an order through a card company then submit them to CGC to grade.  Then I can wait for them to come back and complain during the interim about the TAT. 

Ok, If I use the card in the future I will revert to the original.

  Since they accept artistically altered cards for Magic under the green label it may be possible to have some made.

  Which would allow for numerous threads ranging from such great classics as : Why it takes so long to be marked received (They lost my package) to the who could forget : TAT .

  Heck you may even score a sweet thread about long mail delays, but wait there's more!!!  Depending on grade maybe a splash of good ol' fashioned revenge grading?

 

 

But back to the OP thread and question.    $2K for a brand new limited edition of BRZKR #1 retailer Incentive 1:1000 , well def has some tendies if you bought in at baseline. Otherwise...

Spoiler

20210323_022843.jpg.eda3af79c5327cde8671a930c9954329.jpg

:roflmao:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   *disclaimer: none of this is meant in any way to be financial advise.*

Collect what you enjoy.:foryou:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2021 at 4:33 PM, Nic8612 said:

Absolutely not. $2000 for an ungraded modern variant from àn unproven comic is absolutely asinine. If you have the spare money and just want a yellow label Keanu Reeves signature, then that's another story. But in no way should that book be seen as an investment

Ditto!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, but that's not the same thing.  He's talkin unproven modern. 

This is in response to a previous post.  I thought I did the quote thing but I guess I didnt

Edited by juniorMC
Messed up
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, god503 said:

Nowadays u never know especially when they make movies out of them.  Just look at ANYTHING venom!!!

True, but we're already talkin 2k from the jump, not went up to 2k.  Let's say WD went for 2k before talk of the series.  What's it worth now.  I'm really asking cause i haven't checked in a while, but last I looked I think it was around 2k, so it would have stayed the same

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, god503 said:

Dude take it easy.  For you it may be asinine to spend 2k on a chance, but for some its no different then buying stock!!!! And an FYI the average sell price on EBAY for BRZKR keanu sig copy went for about 3K, so OP and me are already ahead of the game, for now...  Just because you wouldn't do it for whatever reason as well as the fact that for some 2k is not a big chance, doesnt make it right for you to step on someone's neck. (asinine, ridiculous)  Also I used GSXM 1 as a comparison about taking a chance, i know it depends on how any movie does.  Just look at blood shot!!!!  rai 0 was worth MORE before the movie.  The movie sucked....  And don't tell me u knew that a GSXM 1 at 9.6 was going to hit 40K when last year is was about 5 or 6k at the most!!! And I took a chance at the price of 3800.   And if the BRSKR movie is a Keanu hit, then what???  Will you tolerate me chasing you all over the boards saying I told you so????

When there's hype about a book it always pops in the beginning, then dies down.  So most make their killin in the beginning.  Look at an eniac 1.  9.8 sold for 700.  I guarantee it'll come back down.  That's what they do in the beginning.  Mark my words.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2