• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They're Still Out There!
22 22

3,014 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

Didn't I read somewhere that Heritage owns a stake in CGC or something to that effect? I could be misremembering it. hm 

Consistent grading is the biggest oxymoron in our hobby. ---- GA grading has always been softer and Heritage owning CGC is nothing new. Not much difference than when any auction house grades books. I just wasn't as familiar with it being softer in 9.6 and 9.8 because i never see 1940s books like that.

1 minute ago, buttock said:

I'm going to be the first to say it.  That's a terrible name.  God, it sounds like something you'd give to a collection of porcelain dolls.  

It a cringey name. Won't hold those books down though. 

4 minutes ago, october said:

In all seriousness though, they could call this the Magical Rainbow Collection With Pink Sprinkles and it would still be the craziest thing I have seen in a decade. 

image.png.8a212b2a1ae9f5f8fa3b8435f5d4f9ce.png

Way less creepy than the "promise collection".  Makes me think of getting married.  Gross.