• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum Member Art Showcase: Red Sonja or Show Me Your Red Sonja!
2 2

31 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2021 at 8:14 AM, delekkerste said:

Bill Sienkiewicz certainly "Sienkiewiczicized" this cover inking over Mary Wilshire's pencils!

Early "Demon Bear" appearance. lol 

1239075594_MaryWilshireRedSonjav38cover2018scan.thumb.jpg.a943ebccfded0d95b8b4b1ab42bd84f7.jpg

honestly, that's basically disrespectful lol

I don't know Wilshire and maybe her pencils were a mess, but that doesn't appear to  even be trying to be faithful to the pencils 

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

honestly, that's basically disrespectful lol

I don't know Wilshire and maybe her pencils were a mess, but that doesn't appear to  even be trying to be faithful to the pencils 

I recall Mary Wilshire being a pretty good artist.  When you ask Sienkiewicz to ink anyone (ANYONE), you kind of expect him to treat pencils as layouts and he'll do his thing.  I imagine he'll follow what's there and not actually redraw panels.  BUT Sienkiewicz does the blacks and adds so many flourishes that it's hard to imagine the pencils.  I saw Joe Staton at a show where he had a page inked by Sienkiewicz and happened to have a copy of his original pencils, forgot which series/issue.  It was just unreal what Sienkiewicz did.