• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was Fin Fang Foom inspired Aliens?
2 2

52 posts in this topic

There is a documentary about the original Aliens

I believe the 50s movies and comics are more what inspired the concept than Fin Fang Foom

In fact, the original -script was much more like Star Wars than what ended up on screen 

Didn’t HR Giger design the xenomorph? 

Also, his original design was much more obviously phallic.

Nothing like our favourite Chinese dragon.

13 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

Yes, it's evident that the entire 'Aliens' universe was stolen from a then-obscure pre-Marvel monster story that clearly Stan Lee created, 100%. Once again, the creator of everything has his fingers on every franchise!

Yup. Just as much as the Space Marines were clearly a knock-off of the Howling Commandos. Quite blatant.

Edited by Ken Aldred

35 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:
45 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

Yes, it's evident that the entire 'Aliens' universe was stolen from a then-obscure pre-Marvel monster story that clearly Stan Lee created, 100%. Once again, the creator of everything has his fingers on every franchise!

Yup. Just as much as the Space Marines were clearly a knock-off of the Howling Commandos. Quite blatant.

I thought it was the Boy Commandos.

hm Maybe I'm thinking of the Bowery Boys

5 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I think Robby the Robot inspired Lt Commander Data. Prove me wrong

666947917_IMG_20190425_0202015532.thumb.jpg.30b6f25f2b7ea5245610e4c785eba488.jpg

Uh no.

s-l1600.png

Actually, the Michelin Man might have inspired Robby the Robot. 

2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I think Robby the Robot inspired Lt Commander Data. Prove me wrong

Data was inspired by the design of lore lol

Who was physically inspired by its own creator dr sooung(or a name like that dont remember how it was spelled)

3 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Did Fin Fang Foom inspire famed designer Carlo Rambaldi to design Aliens and ET?

Fin Fang Foom and Alien look similar due to the long neck and long tail.

Your thought?

20210425_161423.jpg.3fff8425dcc856cabf5a92937bf85cf5.jpg20210425_161343.jpg.826a3a84d5f67188215321a1bdc29135.jpg

I believe the single biggest influence was the 50s scifi B movie 'It! The Terror from Beyond Space.' 'Alien' follows the plot and concept very closely, but obviously there were other influences as well. But as for the design of the xenomorph, I'm not entirely sure. There was an article I read in 'Starlog Magazine' years ago that mentioned something about a surrealist artist and Greek mythology, but I'd have to do the research, and that ain't happening at the moment. hahaha