• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED! THANKS TO ALL!
5 5

692 posts in this topic

Tomahawk 20

Some spine roll,  light water stain FC,  long vertical crease, genera wear, small tear  RH edge FC. 
Forty interior pages,  proper total for this issue.  Tight,  bit of gloss left,  white pages. 

Take it for $10

4XZIcxj.jpg

War Comics 42

Well,   that little dogear in the scan  busted off,  dammit. 

SO!  Tiny corner off lower LH FC, minor general wear.   Flat, tight,  clean, glossy  white pages. 

Asking $60  SOLD!  per PM

8kxacef.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Kid Colt Outlaw 85

Lower spine split to staple,  chipping RH and lower edge FC. Tiny split upper spine,  tiny tear upper edge FC. 
1"  tear lower  LH edge BC,  several pages behind it have a similar tear,  most of them get into the art.  Large 
tear last page,  ads both  sides. 

Flat  and tight,  glossy,  white pages

Rough reader for $5  SOLD!

Mc2RsAZ.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Remember last night when  I said I was going out  with a whimper? 

Exit  Rick,  stage right,  whimpering

Last book  of the thread.  

Fighting War Stories 4

Pulled  upper staple,  small corner off lower RH  FC,  nice pencil Jim sig. 
Here's the catch:  Three,  one, two , THREE!  centerfolds are missing. That means that the first story and the last story  are
still  complete,  every thing else is mostly missing,  

Nevertheless,   I  want five bucks for it,  just because I never see this title, lol  How's that for a whimper?

Asking $5  for a partial reader.  SOLD!

3qSMhEp.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

Remember last night when  I said I was going out  with a whimper? 

Exit  Rick,  stage right,  whimpering

Last book  of the thread.  

Fighting War Stories 4

Pulled  upper staple,  small corner off lower RH  FC,  nice pencil Jim sig. 
Here's the catch:  Three,  one, two , THREE!  centerfolds are missing. That means that the first story and the last story  are
still  complete,  every thing else is mostly missing,  

Nevertheless,   I  want five bucks for it,  just because I never see this title, lol  How's that for a whimper?

Asking $5  for a partial reader.

3qSMhEp.jpg

Take

9 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Kid Colt Outlaw 85

Lower spine split to staple,  chipping RH and lower edge FC. Tiny split upper spine,  tiny tear upper edge FC. 
1"  tear lower  LH edge BC,  several pages behind it have a similar tear,  most of them get into the art.  Large 
tear last page,  ads both  sides. 

Flat  and tight,  glossy,  white pages

Rough reader for $5

Mc2RsAZ.jpg

Take

And That,  folks is very much  THAT. 

No further recaps,  no further discounts.   If you want a bargain  bundle something up and PM  me,  any reasonable offers 
are likely to be accepted. Thanks  for  a fun thread,  and I  gotta say,  this  1950's stuff  impresses  the heck out of me. 

The two  batches of the  Jim Clark stuff had many, many  comics  I had never owned before, and I enjoyed  looking 
through  and reading most of them.  

It's been a good many  years since I had a batch of  50's comics with such consistent good gloss and white pages, 
and I've been delighted to offer them  up. 

PM me with offers or bundles,  I'll be in and out all evening,  and  around during the day tomorrow.  

I'm  thinking soft close around  2 PM or so,  invoices will take  a couple hours at least,  so  hard close 
apx.  4 PM to 5 PM

Thanks again  to everybody!

Edited by catrick339

4 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Hrrmph.  
To return to business at hand:

Our Army At War 48

Touch of stacking roll,  minor general wear.  Tight,  glossy,   white pages, bold colors to boot. 

Asking  $40

sw9OsVj.jpg

:takeit:Rick

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Western Comics 65

Chip out lower spine,  minor general wear. Flat,  tight,  glossy,  offwhite - white pages. 

Asking $20

VfIBhis.jpg

Take

Our Army At War 50

Slight stacking roll,  bit of rubbing upper RH FC,  minor general wear.  Hint of soiling BC. 
Tight  spine and CF,  glossy, offwhite - white pages. 

Asking $30

aiHlSZL.jpg

take

Western Kid 13

Well,  it's another oddball.  If you open the book to the CF and lay it out  face down,  everything matches up nicely on all sides.  
But  when the book is closed it's all wonky, as though there was some transverse spine roll and regular spine roll to boot. 
But there's no sign of any of that,  although  the  back half  and the front half are offset by zero at the bottom  and nearly 
a quarter inch  at the top.  I'm curious  to see what a professional  press would  make of it,  but not quite  curious enough
 to send it in  and pay for it.  There was a book  earlier in the thread with a similar problem,  but no transverse.  

I'm going out on a limb and  calling  it  a  production/trimming error, 

Otherwise flat, tight,  clean,  glossy,  white pages.  Make of it what you will.

Regardless,  asking  $20,  lol

OF4ZkdM.jpg

take

Western Comics 65 is  SOLD!
Our Army At War 50 is  SOLD!
Western Comics  65 is SOLD!

Thanks JohnT!

7 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Western Kid 12

Light water upper RH corner,  both FC and BC.  Bit of rubbing  upper RH FC. 
Otherwise flat, tight, clean, glossy,  white pages, very minor general ear.  Black  cover displays  very nicely. 

Asking $20

gtAblDq.jpg

5 hours ago, catrick339 said:

War Comics 41

Touch of black overspray upper LH  FC, couple spots of gloss loss upper  FC, probably  water spots,  but nothing  wept through
to the inside FC. Very light dust shadow lower edge BC.  Flat,  tight,  glossy,   clean,  white pages. 

Asking $75

M3aVoen.jpg

:takeit: