• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's up with all the journey into mystery 83s for sale?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

In my experience, TOS #39 doesn't seem to be as common as JIM #83...

JM #83: 1524 universal copies Vs TOS #39: 1750. So not a big difference really.

Speaking of "common books", I remember when I started collecting CGC books in 2016 when somebody here advised me not to bother with X-Men #1 unless its a CGC 9.2 or better, since it is such a common book. I only got a 7.5 then despite that advice, but boy do I wish now I had believed him. A CGC 9.2 then was going for around $50K...

2 hours ago, SECollector said:

JM #83: 1524 universal copies Vs TOS #39: 1750. So not a big difference really.

Speaking of "common books", I remember when I started collecting CGC books in 2016 when somebody here advised me not to bother with X-Men #1 unless its a CGC 9.2 or better, since it is such a common book. I only got a 7.5 then despite that advice, but boy do I wish now I had believed him. A CGC 9.2 then was going for around $50K...

I'm surprised at this information. Even in high grade TOS #39 appears to be more common. I guess things aren't always what they seem to be...  (shrug)

On 4/30/2021 at 8:20 PM, jamesLog said:

Just saw that there's 8x nice looking Journey into mystery 83s on comic connect for sale coming up soon.  Is this normal?  For comparison there's 2x upcoming ToS 39.

https://www.comicconnect.com/browse/search/?filters=1&stock_category_id[0][o]=E&stock_category_id[0][v]=1&search=journey+into+mystery+83&selfiltertype=Comics

By the second installment of Endgame Thor had a mental breakdown as a psychic scar after killing Thanos. Accordingly he was more or less written out of the MCU. Other figures are taking center stage now (Scarlet Witch, Dr Strange etc). So I suspect the book has now topped out.

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

By the second installment of Endgame Thor had a mental breakdown as a psychic scar after killing Thanos. Accordingly he was more or less written out of the MCU. Other figures are taking center stage now (Scarlet Witch, Dr Strange etc). So I suspect the book has now topped out.

So why 4th Thor movie is in the works? 

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

iron man is also written out of the MCU though, but I still see more JIM83 being sold despite it being more rare.

9 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

ridiculous. at the end of endgame, he's taking off into the cosmos with the asgardians of the galaxy. could not be less "written out."

3 hours ago, alexgross.com said:

ridiculous. at the end of endgame, he's taking off into the cosmos with the asgardians of the galaxy. could not be less "written out."

When I saw the movie i felt the figure was kind of “done”. Feigi had made him mentally hillarious.

10 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

When I saw the movie i felt the figure was kind of “done”. Feigi had made him mentally hillarious.

It was a bad move on Feige’s behalf to put the Odinson in such dire straits imho. But Im sure the thunder god will rebound 👍

On 4/30/2021 at 11:20 AM, jamesLog said:

Just saw that there's 8x nice looking Journey into mystery 83s on comic connect for sale coming up soon.  Is this normal?  For comparison there's 2x upcoming ToS 39.

https://www.comicconnect.com/browse/search/?filters=1&stock_category_id[0][o]=E&stock_category_id[0][v]=1&search=journey+into+mystery+83&selfiltertype=Comics

only one is in the current auction. it seems d u m b for them to list so many in any case. prior to the last week, JIM83 has been in short supply and very few sales have taken place in the major auctions. several gpa results are from last year. 

For me Jim 83 was pretty easy to find, wound up upgrading multiple times. TOS 39 not so much although I was always looking for double quotes as we.

On 5/2/2021 at 2:26 PM, Mr bla bla said:

It was a bad move on Feige’s behalf to put the Odinson in such dire straits imho. But Im sure the thunder god will rebound 👍

After Hulk's knuckle dust up with the Mad Titan, he didn't want any part of Thanos again. I was waiting for what I thought at the time, would have been the inevitable raging comeback where he would go on a rampage and rip everyone to pieces but that did not happen. Instead, I'm ignoring the smart hulk version I witnessed and pretending it didn't exist. :sumo: While I didn't expect him to be the one who took Thanos out completely, I figured they would at least get him back in the fight and get some good shots in. 

Edited by Timeless icons

43 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

After Hulk's knuckle dust up with the Mad Titan, he didn't want any part of Thanos again. I was waiting for what I thought at the time, would have been the inevitable raging comeback where he would go on a rampage and rip everyone to pieces but that did not happen. Instead, I'm ignoring the smart hulk version I witnessed and pretending it didn't exist. :sumo: While I didn't expect him to be the one who took Thanos out completely, I figured they would at least get him back in the fight and get some good shots in. 

The Hulk should have done what you would have done...come back with a 150 guys all with baseball bats and give Thanos a beaten 

Edited by Kevin76