CGC No Longer Allowing Customers to Modify or Cancel Orders
1 1

24 posts in this topic

CGC in their most recent wave of updates added this to the turnaround page: “Orders cannot be changed or cancelled once they have been delivered to our facility.“

This contradicts what has been up for months, saying orders can be changed for $15 per submission form and so on. I’ve been interested in upgrading my order from standard to express, but I’ve been waiting because to CGC my order number doesn’t exist apparently. I’ve been waiting 31 *business* days for my order to show up in the system so I can change it. But now CGC says I can’t. 
 

I emailed asking if I could be grandfathered in because the entire time my package has been waiting to be open I’ve had the right to modify my order just couldn’t actually use it due to problems on CGC’s side, not mine. It’s like you’re double punishing the customer. Problems with CGC mean I can’t even maintain a standard level of quality even if I wanted to pay more. Now my cards are hostage. Here’s the reply:

 

“Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, changes are no longer allowed on orders already submitted.  I am sorry that we cannot accommodate your request.  Due to the extremely high volume of mail coming in, it is no longer possible for us to divert valuable resources into locating and pulling orders already in house to make changes.”


I really don’t get this. I had five cards total, two submission forms. $30 fees + $15 extra per card for old pricing and but now $40 per card. A minimum of $105 or $230 is worth it to “divert valuable resources” to change the submission when its opened. I gave the email rep my submission number. Why is it not possible to flag an order in the system to be changed when it gets entered in? Customer service rep earmarks an order, another rep opens the order and fills in the info, earmark gets added to order now in system.
 

I have to worry about my end and where I’ll be getting my cards returned to. To be frank, I’m moving in a few months, and the fluidity of CGC returns makes it difficult to make it work on my end. I just want to PAY YOU GUYS EXTRA MONEY TO MAKE IT WORK, but now you’re saying no. My other option is to outright cancel, but once again you’re saying no. Now I’m almost 100% not going to be living in the same place my order is supposed to be returned to, just creating more headaches for CGC later when trying to get the cards back to the right spot. 


I honestly just want to cancel my order now. If a mod here or anything can make that happen, please let me know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

how did you pay? You can cancel the order that way I would think, cancel the check or call cc company.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GHFoster said:

CGC in their most recent wave of updates added this to the turnaround page: “Orders cannot be changed or cancelled once they have been delivered to our facility.“

This contradicts what has been up for months, saying orders can be changed for $15 per submission form and so on. I’ve been interested in upgrading my order from standard to express, but I’ve been waiting because to CGC my order number doesn’t exist apparently. I’ve been waiting 31 *business* days for my order to show up in the system so I can change it. But now CGC says I can’t. 
 

I emailed asking if I could be grandfathered in because the entire time my package has been waiting to be open I’ve had the right to modify my order just couldn’t actually use it due to problems on CGC’s side, not mine. It’s like you’re double punishing the customer. Problems with CGC mean I can’t even maintain a standard level of quality even if I wanted to pay more. Now my cards are hostage. Here’s the reply:

 

“Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, changes are no longer allowed on orders already submitted.  I am sorry that we cannot accommodate your request.  Due to the extremely high volume of mail coming in, it is no longer possible for us to divert valuable resources into locating and pulling orders already in house to make changes.”


I really don’t get this. I had five cards total, two submission forms. $30 fees + $15 extra per card for old pricing and but now $40 per card. A minimum of $105 or $230 is worth it to “divert valuable resources” to change the submission when its opened. I gave the email rep my submission number. Why is it not possible to flag an order in the system to be changed when it gets entered in? Customer service rep earmarks an order, another rep opens the order and fills in the info, earmark gets added to order now in system.
 

I have to worry about my end and where I’ll be getting my cards returned to. To be frank, I’m moving in a few months, and the fluidity of CGC returns makes it difficult to make it work on my end. I just want to PAY YOU GUYS EXTRA MONEY TO MAKE IT WORK, but now you’re saying no. My other option is to outright cancel, but once again you’re saying no. Now I’m almost 100% not going to be living in the same place my order is supposed to be returned to, just creating more headaches for CGC later when trying to get the cards back to the right spot. 


I honestly just want to cancel my order now. If a mod here or anything can make that happen, please let me know. 

mess, I've been hoping to bump my bulk that still wasn't marked received. Delivered 4/2. That's really going to shaft me on money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bird said:

how did you pay? You can cancel the order that way I would think, cancel the check or call cc company.

lol

Good luck getting your stuff back if you mess with the payment! Not to mention good luck dealing with the company in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

lol

Good luck getting your stuff back if you mess with the payment! Not to mention good luck dealing with the company in the future.

yes, it would be a burn the bridge move

:devil:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GHFoster said:

“Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, changes are no longer allowed on orders already submitted.  I am sorry that we cannot accommodate your request.  Due to the extremely high volume of mail coming in, it is no longer possible for us to divert valuable resources into locating and pulling orders already in house to make changes.”


I really don’t get this.

Really?

You REALLY don't get this?

Do any of you submitting have any idea what's going on with the hobby right now?  I mean.......even the slightest hint? :facepalm:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Really?

You REALLY don't get this?

Do any of you submitting have any idea what's going on with the hobby right now?  I mean.......even the slightest hint? :facepalm:

 

No I still don’t get it. My order hasn’t been even opened yet. If you read other threads, they discuss how all the orders are already in carts right now, so finding the ones to upgrade is literally finding a needle in a haystack. On the other hand, my hasn’t been put in the system yet, after over 30+ business days of siting there. I don’t see how earmarking my order and changing one value, conceivably achievable in the same step as registering it, isn’t worthwhile to the company given the hundreds of extra dollars in revenue for maybe a few minutes of time. Again, not changing an order already in the system, because mine hasn’t been entered yet. 
 

Further, I don’t see how the mail coming in affects the batch of mail from literally a month and a half ago. What’s true is that they’re short on staff. AND who cares because my end goal is preferring to just outright cancel my order, which they have refused. That would ease the burden on their end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

 

47DF3171-7D6E-425D-9D72-780ECCEDDE0B.jpeg

This but seriously. I’ve had my mail stolen from my current apartment in less than a few hours, football cards from a PWCC auction that I never recovered. I submitted my very best error cards, including a one of a kind error Base Set Japanese Blastoise. I don’t want to lose that and would be willing to pay $100, $200, whatever so I don’t risk losing that. I know other solutions can be found, but right now I don’t know when or where my cards will be returned to, and that’s concerning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brother , this aint Walmart. Heres one for ya, last month I called to see if I could add imaging to each book for 5.00 each and received a response of yes, no problem since the were only checked in. Well, guess what? Neeeever happened :flamed:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GHFoster said:

No I still don’t get it. My order hasn’t been even opened yet. If you read other threads, they discuss how all the orders are already in carts right now, so finding the ones to upgrade is literally finding a needle in a haystack. On the other hand, my hasn’t been put in the system yet, after over 30+ business days of siting there. I don’t see how earmarking my order and changing one value, conceivably achievable in the same step as registering it, isn’t worthwhile to the company given the hundreds of extra dollars in revenue for maybe a few minutes of time. Again, not changing an order already in the system, because mine hasn’t been entered yet. 
 

Further, I don’t see how the mail coming in affects the batch of mail from literally a month and a half ago. What’s true is that they’re short on staff. AND who cares because my end goal is preferring to just outright cancel my order, which they have refused. That would ease the burden on their end.

If you still don't get it, then you probably never will. 

Every Tom, Richard and Greggy who found a shoebox full of PokeYerMom cards under their bed is submitting right now.  Greed has taken over and common sense has gone into the toilet.  Grading companies are overwhelmed.  ALL of them.  Period.  I know the current "want it now" generation doesn't give a rats butt about that.....but those are the cold, hard truths you're just going to have to face. 

One of the grading companies has admitted that they are receiving over 100,000 cards a day.  100,000 cards......every day.  There are likely tens of thousands of new submitters trying to cash in on their own greed.  And half of them are probably bugging the grading companies trying to get something changed on their order.  None of the grading companies give a flying fart about your few extra dollars right now......they care about getting their system adjusted and streamlined in order to handle this ridiculous avalanche of greed that has infected this hobby.

You can either continue tilting at windmills and screaming at every cloud you see........or accept it like a grown-up.

It's your choice.

Personally speaking.....the tilting and screaming is a lot more entertaining to read.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Courageous Cat said:

Brother , this aint Walmart. Heres one for ya, last month I called to see if I could add imaging to each book for 5.00 each and received a response of yes, no problem since the were only checked in. Well, guess what? Neeeever happened :flamed:

There’s another thread of a user who got full on approval over the phone to modify his or her order, and the same thing happened. CGC is saying no now and acts like that never happened. 

I’m not expecting Walmart level service, just some respect for customers. Give them notice or grandfather them in if you’re making a significant change, just like how CGC handled the price increase. Or better yet, let your customers say no if they refuse your changes in service. CGC says I can’t even cancel now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GHFoster said:

I’m not expecting Walmart level service, just some respect for customers. Give them notice or grandfather them in if you’re making a significant change, just like how CGC handled the price increase. Or better yet, let your customers say no if they refuse your changes in service. CGC says I can’t even cancel now. 

Perhaps you should try respecting what these grading companies are dealing with right now in terms of an unexpected wave of volume. 

This mess isn't the fault of the grading companies.  There was no way to predict this.  So.....let's see if you can figure out who's fault it is.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

If you still don't get it, then you probably never will. 

Every Tom, Richard and Greggy who found a shoebox full of PokeYerMom cards under their bed is submitting right now.  Greed has taken over and common sense has gone into the toilet.  Grading companies are overwhelmed.  ALL of them.  Period.  I know the current "want it now" generation doesn't give a rats butt about that.....but those are the cold, hard truths you're just going to have to face. 

One of the grading companies has admitted that they are receiving over 100,000 cards a day.  100,000 cards......every day.  There are likely tens of thousands of new submitters trying to cash in on their own greed.  And half of them are probably bugging the grading companies trying to get something changed on their order.  None of the grading companies give a flying fart about your few extra dollars right now......they care about getting their system adjusted and streamlined in order to handle this ridiculous avalanche of greed that has infected this hobby.

You can either continue tilting at windmills and screaming at every cloud you see........or accept it like a grown-up.

It's your choice.

Personally speaking.....the tilting and screaming is a lot more entertaining to read.

 

I don’t know is it really Pokémon cards found under their bed because I feel like the majority of the Pictures of cards I see on here are one’s that were purchased at Walmart in the last year...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

I don’t know is it really Pokémon cards found under their bed because I feel like the majority of the Pictures of cards I see on here are one’s that were purchased at Walmart in the last year...

It's probably a mix. 

All PokeYerMom cards will make you rich!  It's guaranteed in the Constitution.

 

 

Edited by Domo Arigato
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Really?

You REALLY don't get this?

Do any of you submitting have any idea what's going on with the hobby right now?  I mean.......even the slightest hint? :facepalm:

Probably better than you do considering some of us have large sums of money tied up in cards.

14 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

If you still don't get it, then you probably never will. 

Every Tom, Richard and Greggy who found a shoebox full of PokeYerMom cards under their bed is submitting right now.  Greed has taken over and common sense has gone into the toilet.  Grading companies are overwhelmed.  ALL of them.  Period.  I know the current "want it now" generation doesn't give a rats butt about that.....but those are the cold, hard truths you're just going to have to face.  

 

Very condescending, but not correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Probably better than you do considering some of us have large sums of money tied up in cards.

Perhaps they should have used a little of that money to buy some common cents.

Get it?  See what I did there?  Huh?  Did you see?  

.

1 minute ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Very condescending, but not correct.

Not condescending, but definitely correct.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Perhaps they should have used a little of that money to buy some common cents.

Get it?  See what I did there?  Huh?  Did you see?  

.

Not condescending, but definitely correct.

https://hybridgrading.com/

https://www.gosgc.com/

It's almost like companies can do things to limit the mass number of cards they receive. Here are two examples.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Yeah.....I have a grading company in my garage too.

Let me know when you want to send me your next submission. lol

Or let me know which of those two companies you'll be sending your next big submission to so we can all follow along.  

 

Edited by Domo Arigato
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

It's almost like companies can do things to limit the mass number of cards they receive. Here are two examples.

Any time the major grading companies do something to try to limit the mass number of cards they receive......can you guess what happens?

Here's a hint.......more screaming.

But keep spreading your wisdom.....I've got a round filing cabinet I'm storing it in.

 

Edited by Domo Arigato
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
1 1