• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice, potentially trading a stack of books for FF5
1 1

23 posts in this topic

The only way I’ll be able to own FF5 is if I trade a bunch of books, I’ll never be able to justify the cash for it. Here is what I am proposing to this consigner and he is considering, and would like advice from the boards. They the price on the FF5 around $11k.

F1D6A24D-246D-4084-BCD4-9C9120E36355.jpeg

E3F29EC1-F007-48E8-BEF9-DD4E3C9F2594.jpeg

C3C6A631-DD1B-42BE-B866-DF9252A6A17C.jpeg

54D64A89-FCC5-4620-8446-939145BB4F24.jpeg

7B9C0949-33A3-4B1F-BBB0-88B835C55895.jpeg

4B1434F9-D26F-4F95-92DF-4905DF8BFF63.jpeg

3EE7280A-FE2B-40A6-B5BF-66DEAA1E94D0.jpeg

3E0FDD81-679D-4D90-ADEC-AFA08AFA29BC.jpeg

I'm not too sure if you have any doubles of any of the copper or the modern?

Given that 2 of those aren't slabbed

the only real loss I see is the FF #49 (if it were me) but again I don't know your budget etc.

I wouldn't pay the going price for an X-men #94 in 5.5 (it too is the grade I own so "i" probably wouldn't part cause would never replace)

I might may the going price to replace a X-men 101 but that

I'd do that trade, especially if 1st Dr Doom is on my bucket, goal, grail list!
:tink: 

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

the only real loss I see is the FF #49 (if it were me) but again I don't know your budget etc.

I wouldn't pay the going price for an X-men #94 in 5.5 (it too is the grade I own so "i" probably wouldn't part cause would never replace)

I have a 9.2 NM98 that I’m holding on to. The ASM316 and X-Men 94 are both overvalued I think so I’m happy to move those now. 

The ASM14 I would be sad about but Dr Doom would take precedence. I would replace the 49 with a low grade copy I think

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I agree with Adamantium.  I think the FF49 and the Ultimate Fallout 4 are probably the toughest to let go of.  That 1st Green Goblin as well.  But the rest I wouldn't really have any issues letting go of.  I think it's a personal thing as I just have no personal attachment to those books.  If anything, UF4 would probably be the book to give you the biggest regrets down the road.  But otherwise, that seems like a decent swap to me.

3 minutes ago, Venomous72 said:

I have a 9.2 NM98 that I’m holding on to. The ASM316 and X-Men 94 are both overvalued I think so I’m happy to move those now. 

The ASM14 I would be sad about but Dr Doom would take precedence. I would replace the 49 with a low grade copy I think

ya and given the fluctuation of the common NM#98, it'd be good to trade while it is worth something....

still I like the ASM and FF more that the Doom, but get yourself some replaceable copies of the others. If your budget allows, to replace with a 9.0 or something in the 9's of the ultimate fallout, it's worth it. I didn't press my copy of UF#4 and it's a 9.0, (I know I should resubmit :wishluck: ) but you might find another copy like that or something that may end up grading out higher than 9.0. etc.

I regret not getting ASM #14 when it was under $1000 in low grades, as that or $500 is my budget etc. 

32 minutes ago, Venomous72 said:

Well the guy took 11k cash before we could finalize the trade lol. But he added me to a pretty good Facebook group with a lot of traders and I have a few leads I’m looking at now (X-Men 1s and FF5s) so I should be able to locate another for trade I hope

Wouldn’t you do better if you sold those books yourself, then used that money to buy an FF 5 when it comes up?

5 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
39 minutes ago, Venomous72 said:

Well the guy took 11k cash before we could finalize the trade lol. But he added me to a pretty good Facebook group with a lot of traders and I have a few leads I’m looking at now (X-Men 1s and FF5s) so I should be able to locate another for trade I hope

Wouldn’t you do better if you sold those books yourself, then used that money to buy an FF 5 when it comes up?

What he said. It's going to be far easier to find someone to buy a copy off of as opposed to trade for one. 

51 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Probably, it’s just more of a pain. I hate eBay and I don’t have the followers for good Instagram sales. I could sell on the boards here though, just not sure how much interest there is for the books in question 

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

27 minutes ago, Venomous72 said:

Probably, it’s just more of a pain. I hate eBay and I don’t have the followers for good Instagram sales. I could sell on the boards here though, just not sure how much interest there is for the books in question 

You should sell them yourself - you'll raise more than 11K and it will be much much easier to just buy one.