• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the best comic you have ever read?
1 1

233 posts in this topic

I'm assuming that since I don't think they've been mentioned yet, they are now considered obvious and cliche. But I must say X-Men 141 and 142 are my favorite.

I also liked Iron Man 149 and 150, which would probably not be considered obvious or cliche....or even considered, for that matter.

I'll have to go for three, but I'll keep it to issues rather than runs.

The first part of 'Mothers and Daughters' from Cerebus.

The issue of Milligan & Allred's X-Force where Mr Sensitive and Iron Man get naked to have a fight and hurl flowers at each other.

The Morrison Doom Patrol issue where Mr Nobody dies.

Sandman #8.

Its the first Sandman I ever read - I had just started reading comics and had read Watchmen, DKR, Batman: Year One, The Killing Joke and some Miller DD by that point.

I read Sandman 8 and just thought - that is poetry. Words and pictures combining in a totally new way to my mind.

A close second is Swamp Thing 21, The Anatomy Lesson.

Amazing Spider-Man #33 vol. 1
(worship)

I feel the same way, if I'm ever going to spend the money on it, I would want the cover to be Flawless! Such a great looking cover.

They are plentiful in high grade. I have an 8.5 that is one of the favorite books in my collection.

Squadron Supreme Death of a Universe GN (worship)

IMO the best GN ever written by a long shot, what was the story missing, and the art was fabulous, tons of death and destruction and in the end the good guys dont really win do they? plus a villain gains respect, and a tie in to the real marvel universe, this book just has it all.

It's been a long time since I posted my choices. I called SOTST 21 a modern and it's actually a copper. My modern choice is actually a 12 issue mini series, All Star Superman :cloud9: ....I bet I've read it 10 times. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u