The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
47 47

9,903 posts in this topic

551 posts
56 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Thanks to Mike "Romitaman" for this great HULK by Ron Lim. Fantastic service as always. 

15372226454891621489041.thumb.jpg.9870e3faaa04720c71dcaa04559128e3.jpg

Great page!

That does not look like Ron Lim. Liam Sharp?

339 posts
49 minutes ago, Twanj said:

Great page!

That does not look like Ron Lim. Liam Sharp?

Correct! My bad.

182 posts
14 hours ago, BillRJ said:

Here's a Frank Miller piece I just posted in my CAF gallery.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1489261

198. Miller-Sin City Frontispiece.jpg

I love seeing the highlights of your collection!  Thanks for posting.  I noticed this didn't seem to match much of your collection from the Bronze Age.  Did you buy this recently or back with a lot of your older art?

8 posts
11 hours ago, Peter L said:

I love seeing the highlights of your collection!  Thanks for posting.  I noticed this didn't seem to match much of your collection from the Bronze Age.  Did you buy this recently or back with a lot of your older art?

It could be that there's a lot more art where that came from. Could be.

5,709 posts
3 hours ago, Twanj said:

I had a panel page from this issue that I loved, so I had to get the page 1 splash!

DefendersFromTheMarvelVault_1_01_Splash_crop_noHA.thumb.jpg.9172e2030c8650ca1aba2df9e2f68173.jpg

DefendersFromTheMarvelVault_1_01_Splash_published.thumb.jpg.d171e7b089b3868d3f923b25c3e04bef.jpg

I really don't like Bagley art;
but I love this splash.
Congratulations..!

2,175 posts

I don’t have the art yet but will be shipping out to me. Two really nice Nightcrawler drawings one by Brent Anderson done a few years after his God Loves Man Kills and another by Cockrum and Layton from 1976. Plus my favorite Schultz cover featuring Hanna and Jack from Xenozoic Tales. He did this cover for Comic Journal #150 which feature a great interview with Mark. It will be united with the cover prelim I got many years ago from a fellow collector.

Larger scans here:

Nightcrawler_Cockrum_Layton.jpg

Nightcrawler_Anderson.jpg

Comics_Journal_150_cvr.jpg

632 posts

I just picked up this page from Daring Adventures of Supergirl #9, 1983, all lettered on the page with some clean zipatone.  Thank you, Lee Benaka!

It's from the Lois Lane backup story and I love the layout. 

Artists Oskner and Hunt, both new to my collection!

Best, David S. Albright

loislaneosknerhunt.jpg

1,741 posts
On 9/23/2018 at 10:57 AM, Panelfan1 said:

Just added a new Batman and Poison Ivy painting by Mark Texeira to my collection. It's the first unpublished piece I got in quite some time.  The funny thing is that unlike many others(art collectors) - Batman (himself) is one of my least favorite characters in the bat universe. I am a much bigger fan of other gotham characters and will put up having batman appear on a piece of art as long as one of the other characters is there.  I would be happy to have a drawing of just Spider-Man or just Superman,  Deadman, Blue Beetle, Hulk, Thor and many others - but for some reason I only love Batman when paired up with some other characters.

For me Batman is the straight man in a buddy story. Serious, Tough, competant - but not especially fun. I bring this all up because I recently had a discussion with a huge Batman fan who couldn't believe I got a Finch piece of Batman with Solomon Grundy - because of Grundy. Or a Fabok piece with Bats and Batgirl - primarily for Batgirl.  

In the end it doesn't matter that much that I got this piece of art for Ivy.  As my first piece of Tex art,  I am super happy to share it withall of you.

Any how - here is the link to the art.  Art on CAF.

Srn5dXxR_1809180905271gpadd.jpg

Reminds me of a Stan Woch page I used to own, this scene comes from that comic originally I think. Wish i could remember the book. Great Image.