The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
50 50

9,961 posts in this topic

214 posts

s-l500.jpg 

My first entry into a whole new world got this at a local toy show. I have been looking to dip my feet and the $799 price tag seemed fair to me( I really have no idea what its worth) I mean the king drew this so I am stoked even if I paid to much :)

Edited by Frank Mozz

7,176 posts

Haven't done an "art day" post in a bit. I've been after a page from this HB issue since the book came out in 2002. At the time (and since) I've heard Camuncoli doesn't sell his art, so I was surprised and elated to see this page in a recent CLink auction. 

If you lie HELLBLAZER, Camuncoli art or BINGO the page is HERE on CAF 

If you've got a page from this issue, send me a PM :wishluck:

1,329 posts
40 minutes ago, Frank Mozz said:

s-l500.jpg 

My first entry into a whole new world got this at a local toy show. I have been looking to dip my feet and the $799 price tag seemed fair to me( I really have no idea what its worth) I mean the king drew this so I am stoked even if I paid to much :)

I could be wrong, but all of the pages I've seen from that issue were separate pencils by Kirby and lightboxed inks by Theakston on two separate boards. This is likely a Theakston-only page with a FMV of about $400-500. A cool page from a fun series, but if it was sold to you as a page that Kirby touched, you might want to discuss with the seller.

214 posts
7 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

I could be wrong, but all of the pages I've seen from that issue were separate pencils by Kirby and lightboxed inks by Theakston on two separate boards. This is likely a Theakston-only page with a FMV of about $400-500. A cool page from a fun series, but if it was sold to you as a page that Kirby touched, you might want to discuss with the seller.

Hi, thanks for the info,  I am just learning & after doing some research I think your 100% dead on. On a side note, the dealer who sold me this never said that JK touched the page I just assumed it. The only good thing was another board member sent me to the Heritage archives and two similar pages in 2014/15 sold for apx 700/800 with the bp so I guess I overpaid a bit but it's a cool first page to own and has taught me to look before I leap ( way different world than comics huh?) Thanks again!

Edited by Frank Mozz

142 posts

There have been about 8-10 Alan Davis Excalibur pages on my wish list for several years and I just got one that was near the top . This became available and I managed to get my hands on it. Issue 1 page 24. If you were a fan of the first 8 issues (Special #1 and 1-7) you'll remember this page for sure.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1530835

19 posts

Pretty new to oa I have a sketch from Marie severin I never bought it but rather found it in my dads stuff and when I asked ye set he saw her at a convention in 77 or 79 if you guys could help tell me what its value or if its authentic cause I bealive it is but I'm new to this.

IMG_0150.jpg

363 posts
7 hours ago, stevie619 said:

Pretty new to oa I have a sketch from Marie severin I never bought it but rather found it in my dads stuff and when I asked ye set he saw her at a convention in 77 or 79 if you guys could help tell me what its value or if its authentic cause I bealive it is but I'm new to this.

IMG_0150.jpg

Found this on HA, sold for $830 in 2016 which seems high to me. Without a COA and the condition I would guess $300 - $350, extra point due to the fact it's a Severin Hulk. 

erwetrwerwrwerrw.thumb.jpg.7d274f2a72a31d658886150d6dd59028.jpg

Edited by Blastaar

5,177 posts
8 hours ago, stevie619 said:

IMG_0150.jpg

There are a few rabid Hulk fans on statueforum.com's original art section that may be interested in this (although I think most of them are here also).

396 posts

Here's a pretty good lot of OA... My first venture into the realm. I bought what I liked as I really don't know a whole lot about OA. Picked up the whole shebang for $130.

Batman-Superman 30 Erwin Sketch Front 001.jpg

I think the pencil lead rubbing from the drawing surface on the back cover of this book killed the grade. Looks good otherwise.

Green Arrow 17 Front 001.jpg

Paul Maybury- Leonardo Sketch 2016.jpg

Paul Maybury- Leonardo 2016 9"x12"

Stephanie Lantry- Harley Quinn and Poision Ivy Sketch 2003.jpg

Stephanie Lantry 2003 7"x10"

Mark Morales- Luke Cage Sketch 2015.jpg

Mark Morales- Luke Cage 2015 8.5"x11". This is by far my favorite of the bunch. Clean lines and great shading. This is a completed  work for sure. To top it off,  it's drawn on the back of a Marvel blue line composition panel! Sweet!

Edited by Supa-Bad-Mofo
Added Info.

1,709 posts
On 2/22/2019 at 9:01 AM, stevie619 said:

IMG_0150.jpg

no clue on value but it is a great piece!