• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, OV said:

^^    Where did you get that book?  Very cool indeed. 

(thumbsuHad it for quite some time- managed to finally dig it out for a photo. Need to now did out the "other" Unknown Soldier book, SSWS 151. 

On 4/14/2017 at 6:17 AM, bronze johnny said:

(thumbsuHad it for quite some time- managed to finally dig it out for a photo. Need to now did out the "other" Unknown Soldier book, SSWS 151. 

(thumbsu Looking forward to seeing 151 too.  I love the Unknown Soldier. 

18 hours ago, OV said:

(thumbsu Looking forward to seeing 151 too.  I love the Unknown Soldier. 

(thumbsu The Soldier is my favorite comic book war character. As a kid, I was fascinated with the Unknown Soldier and mystery around him. Will post SSWS 151 in the Bronze War Thread as soon as I dig it out.

22 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

(thumbsu The Soldier is my favorite comic book war character. As a kid, I was fascinated with the Unknown Soldier and mystery around him. Will post SSWS 151 in the Bronze War Thread as soon as I dig it out.

(thumbsu I feel the same. The Soldier is my favorite Big 5 character, and as much as I love his silver age appearances (and who doesn't love Kubert!), his Bronze Age stuff, especially the Talaoc/Michelinie issues are the ones I find myself reading and re-reading most often.

4 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Would you mind sharing the price? :) 

Sure, it's on a public site, Comiclink. Purchased in auction for 464.00 . Though it seems pricey, I was pleased. If you pass on something like this you often regret it later. I know I did on the 1st Lady Blackhawk and now it's a pricey book. 

5 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:
9 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Would you mind sharing the price? :) 

Sure, it's on a public site, Comiclink. Purchased in auction for 464.00 . Though it seems pricey, I was pleased. If you pass on something like this you often regret it later. I know I did on the 1st Lady Blackhawk and now it's a pricey book. 

Great, thanks! I think that's FMV for that book. No overpaying there. (thumbsu 

13 hours ago, mustang33guy said:

Been getting into the Dinosaur covers of Star Spangled War Stories, picked up my first few yesterday! I'm going to attempt to get them all which may take a while (lol) nut anyways here are the 5 I picked up:

IMG_5118.JPG

IMG_5119.JPG

IMG_5120.JPG

IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_5122.JPG

Cool Dino books! (thumbsu