• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Not so sure about the Allentown copy of WW 7 since I have never ever seen it, and I assume it must be locked away safely in a private collection somewhere.

It would appeared that Payette had graded the Wonderworld 7 as a VF+ copy when he first discovered the Allentown Collection, but of course he was always known as a very tight grader.  Wish more of the Allentown books would come out to the marketplace, but seems to be a highly desired pedigree that collectors are not willing to let go of once they have them.

I have seen it.  It's superb, nm or better.

2 minutes ago, adamstrange said:
14 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Not so sure about the Allentown copy of WW 7 since I have never ever seen it, and I assume it must be locked away safely in a private collection somewhere.

I have seen it.  It's superb, nm or better.

Adam;

Have you seen quite a few of the Allentown Fox books so far  in your travels?

It seems that any of the Allentown Fox books that have been graded so far, have come out either higher or at the least tied with the Church copy.  I believe the only exception so far has been the Mystery Men 3 with Berk;'s Church copy coming in at CGC 9.6 NM+, with the Allentown copy coming in at a mere CGC 9.4 NM.   :takeit:

10 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Have you seen quite a few of the Allentown Fox books so far  in your travels?

Owned 2, seen a number more.  Technically they are very nice but pages and colors are never better than the Church and, sometimes, noticeably not as good.

Wonderworld 11 has spine splits.

15 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

with the Allentown copy coming in at a mere CGC 9.4 NM

The 9.4 should be the Larson, which Berk had slabbed at the same time he sold the Church.

The Allentown should still be raw and it also is a beautiful copy.

54 minutes ago, adamstrange said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

with the Allentown copy coming in at a mere CGC 9.4 NM

The 9.4 should be the Larson, which Berk had slabbed at the same time he sold the Church.

The Allentown should still be raw and it also is a beautiful copy.

I guess that's always quite possible as I was basing my info on the Allentown copy of Mystery Men 3 from the sample write-up for the Pedigree Book that I had received from West back in 2006. 

That master listing there indicated only 3 of the Mystery Men books had been graded by CGC to that point in time, with the MM 3 coming in at 9.4 and top marks going to Richard's former MM 13 which came in at a CGC grade of 9.6 NM+.

Edited by lou_fine

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

I guess that's always quite possible as I was basing my info on the Allentown copy of Mystery Men 3 from the sample write-up that I had received from West back in 2006. 

That listing there indicated only 3 of the Mystery Men books had been graded by CGC to that point in time, with the MM 3 coming in at 9.4 and top marks going to Richard's former MM 13 which came in at a CGC grade of 9.6 NM+.

I have picture of the MM 3 raw that I took post-2006 and the pedigree book chapter shows the MM3 as raw.  I'm pretty certain that the MM 3 Church showed up as 9.6 and the a month or two later last year the 9.4 showed up.

4 hours ago, HRCostigan said:

Upgrade!

20180412_163600.jpg

Super fantastic!! One of my absolute favorites. I’m happy with my 2.0, but yours is just incredible, with those rich reds. :golfclap:

What’s the grade of your undercopy...?

On 4/14/2018 at 5:52 AM, telerites said:

No 1 but I can bring up the rear - a position I am all too familiar with :cry: (unless there is an NG around)

5ad1f93994546_wonder2.jpg.3242bd5a087d38e5dabcfc958dd472df.jpg

Once one is down to NG, :flamed: then all you get is coverless or incomplete parts but at least one can read the Fox Comics and lingerie panels for 'research' :

DlN2GoH.jpg

6 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Sheesh! This place has been so slow, it's like the lazy dog jumped over the quick fox!

Let's get things back on track with this recent arrival:

IMG_3027.thumb.JPG.e8d7bf53fb71cc6a7387bd7399ca3016.JPG

:headbang: Killer! Congrats!