• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Dang, this thread was getting sucked into the vortex of lost comics books, back on page 6 of the GA forum.

Here's a double post (from the Cigar thread) of a tasty morsel I recently received.

Wonderworld_3.thumb.jpg.2b57fc406f06ddd638b09b60d8046fb3.jpg

Well, all I can say is that you certainly can't go wrong with an early key Fox book and a first appearance at that.  :luhv: :applause:

On 3/15/2019 at 4:17 PM, Robot Man said:

New Foxy lady just hit my mailbox. Don’t know the artist but has a nice Bakerish style to it.

0C8D5EB0-7998-49F4-916E-74710F4B856B.jpeg

I always liked this cover.  Here's some info on the cover artist and contents:

Spectacular Features Magazine Samson and Delilah #11 [1]

Cover by Lee Ames. Bible stories in comics form from Fox Feature. Numbering continues from My Confessions (1949) #10. Biblical hero Samson is a champion during a time of war, but he is betrayed by his love for Delilah, who knows his secret weakness: His hair cannot be cut. Likely inspired by the Hollywood film of the previous year; no connection to the superhero named Samson that appeared from the same publisher a decade previously. Also featuring a text story based on Daniel in the Lion's Den. Samson And Delilah; Daniel And The Lions. Followed by Spectacular Features Magazine (1950) #12. 32 pages, Full Color. Cover price $0.10.