Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread!
48 48

9,320 posts in this topic

379 posts

I love hearing those unexpected find stories.

911 posts
30 minutes ago, JohnH19 said:

I love hearing those unexpected find stories.

I also love hearing about someone reaching further back in time to expand their collection.  There is something really magical to saying "this is now the oldest book I own."

7,589 posts

When you are collecting a run, the earliest book in that run is very special. Congrats on that #6!

236 posts

I think it being an unexpected find makes it all the more exciting as well. I was really hoping to just come away with some of the more recent issues that I'm missing (which I did), and came prepared with cash just in case I came across a 101 or maybe even a 129. Never even considered that there'd be single digit issues. They also had 5, but I figured I'd go for the first Lizard before picking up that one. 

I think I'm lucky they aren't my LCS, because I'd be super broke pretty quick. 

3,396 posts
On 4/13/2019 at 3:27 AM, WoWitHurts said:

I pulled out an OO spider book to read from 1987 and I found this. I thought I would share.

IMG_2183.JPG

IMG_2186.JPG

Yeah I'm still annoyed after all the money I spent over the years and I was not invited.:slapfight:  Nice find.(thumbsu

7,589 posts

:wishluck:

May CGC smile upon thee and thy submissions.

29,635 posts
1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

:wishluck:

May CGC smile upon thee and thy submissions.

tks!  of course, i'm speaking only of the 39-79 part of the run here--still could use a few upgrades among the first 15 books.

8,601 posts

I've been slowly picking away at re-completing my ASM run.  This time, my focus is 1 to 50, with non keys being 8.0 or higher.  Of course, I keep getting sucked into buying nice looking Romita books in the 50's/60's.

Left to go...

5, 10, 22, 23, 26, 32, 33, and 47.

29,635 posts
11 minutes ago, piper said:

I've been slowly picking away at re-completing my ASM run.  This time, my focus is 1 to 50, with non keys being 8.0 or higher.  Of course, I keep getting sucked into buying nice looking Romita books in the 50's/60's.

Left to go...

pick up anything lately???

1,176 posts
42 minutes ago, piper said:

Left to go...

Word! I mean who could resist a nice looking 55???!!!

8,601 posts
37 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

pick up anything lately???

:blush:

asm43_1.jpg.5ac5575bf1083008a91ca3715b483ae7.jpg

29,635 posts

comic is nice, but the cameraman could use some help.

7,589 posts
24 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

comic is nice, but the cameraman could use some help.

:bigsmile: I also try not to bring my comics into the shower.

358 posts
On 4/16/2019 at 1:55 PM, Straw-Man said:

tks!  of course, i'm speaking only of the 39-79 part of the run here--still could use a few upgrades among the first 15 books.

I wish I had the first 15 Amazing issues. Still I think I decided which old Amazing comics I'm going after. I pulled out an old box this weekend as my inventory isn't correct. I thought I didn't have the first appearance of Black Cat but it turns out that I do. I know I want to upgrade a few that I was just happy to get when I was young as well.

539 posts
3 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

I wish I had the first 15 Amazing issues. Still I think I decided which old Amazing comics I'm going after. I pulled out an old box this weekend as my inventory isn't correct. I thought I didn't have the first appearance of Black Cat but it turns out that I do. I know I want to upgrade a few that I was just happy to get when I was young as well.

I lost all my silver age ASM to flooding so I doubt I will ever go for those again but 100-up and the keys there are very doable (except 101 LOL). That is my collecting focus anyway. The 101 in high grade is beyond my reach at this point so my focus may change to 102-UP LOL.

539 posts
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:44 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Word! I mean who could resist a nice looking 55???!!!

55 is one of my all time favorites. If I dip below 100 again that will be one of the first ones I go after!

236 posts
11 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

I lost all my silver age ASM to flooding so I doubt I will ever go for those again but 100-up and the keys there are very doable (except 101 LOL). That is my collecting focus anyway. The 101 in high grade is beyond my reach at this point so my focus may change to 102-UP LOL.

If you think 101 is up there, wait 'til you try and get 129 in decent condition. Yikes.

539 posts
16 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

If you think 101 is up there, wait 'til you try and get 129 in decent condition. Yikes.

Yeah that's true. I didn't think about that as I already have a 7.0 and a 9.6 and haven't been looking at those prices. I just looked and see what you mean.

379 posts
17 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

Yeah that's true. I didn't think about that as I already have a 7.0 and a 9.6 and haven't been looking at those prices. I just looked and see what you mean.

You could flip your 7.0 129 for a nice 101.