Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread!
49 49

9,327 posts in this topic

539 posts
1 hour ago, JohnH19 said:

You could flip your 7.0 129 for a nice 101.

My preference is 9.6 White pages. I have thought about selling some of my doubles I have like 129,194, 238, 252, 300 etc. to help pay for it but I have had the 7.0 for 40 years and I am not quite ready to part with it.

1,181 posts
10 hours ago, WoWitHurts said:

My preference is 9.6 White pages. I have thought about selling some of my doubles I have like 129,194, 238, 252, 300 etc. to help pay for it but I have had the 7.0 for 40 years and I am not quite ready to part with it.

Wow that's a dilemma most here wouldn't mind having. If the 252 & 300 are above 9.4 you may not have to flip the 129 if you're willing to spend some extra out of pocket. Anyways if I was after a 101 I'd wait till well after the movie which is in June or July I think

913 posts

While we're talking about books whose "value" is spiking due to movie hype, let's talk about ASM #210, featuring the first appearance of Madame Web.  I mean, no offense but does anybody really think Madame Web is going to be a major character in the MCU?  Moreover, did anyone ever like that character in the first place?  Definitely one of the more hokey ideas in the Spidey canon IMHO.  I happen to be looking for one in 9.8 to complete a run, and I'm probably going to wait a while in the hopes the crazy asking prices I'm seeing calm down.

238 posts
3 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

While we're talking about books whose "value" is spiking due to movie hype, let's talk about ASM #210, featuring the first appearance of Madame Web.  I mean, no offense but does anybody really think Madame Web is going to be a major character in the MCU?  Moreover, did anyone ever like that character in the first place?  Definitely one of the more hokey ideas in the Spidey canon IMHO.  I happen to be looking for one in 9.8 to complete a run, and I'm probably going to wait a while in the hopes the crazy asking prices I'm seeing calm down.

I think the speculation is that she is going to be in the next Into the Spider-Verse film, which is way more likely than her being in the live action movies. 

539 posts
2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Same for ASM 212. Mine is a newsstand 9.6 but like Iron man #219 I will wait until until the prices come back to earth before upgrading.

8,602 posts
2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Wow. My books from the 70’s, 80’s and beyond are long gone to fund other comic purchases e.g AF 15. In particular, I loved the Roger Stern Run. I wonder if they still hold up?

913 posts
2 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I think the speculation is that she is going to be in the next Into the Spider-Verse film, which is way more likely than her being in the live action movies. 

That makes a ton more sense, thanks for clarifying.  I somehow got the impression that she would end up in Far From Home.

381 posts
51 minutes ago, piper said:

Wow. My books from the 70’s, 80’s and beyond are long gone to fund other comic purchases e.g AF 15. In particular, I loved the Roger Stern Run. I wonder if they still hold up?

I read the Roger Stern written ASM issues not too long ago and I thought they were excellent. I regret not buying the Stern Omnibus, which included his PPSSM stories, when it was still in print.

539 posts
13 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

My ASM 2 upgrade came in today (thumbsu

IMG_1736.JPG

I love it! I wish I still had mine :-(

32,869 posts
Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2019 at 12:29 PM, Straw-Man said:

only one that missed the target; i'll put it up for sale here once an upgrade acquired.

Besides #31, this is the most under-rated book in the run.  First full-story MJ.  Jazzy John in his prime.  :cloud9:

Edit: Talking about 43.  

Edited by chrisco37
poor use of quote function

381 posts
2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Besides #31, this is the most under-rated book in the run.  First full-story MJ.  Jazzy John in his prime.  :cloud9:

Edit: Talking about 43.  

31 has been on fire lately. I agree that 43 deserves more love.

190 posts

hey all i know this isn't a silver age question. Its a modern question i was trying to figure out. So i was over at marvel.wikia.com website and they have the annual that came out back in sept 2018 listed as being part of vol. 4 run even though vol.5 already had 5 or 6 issues out. So i was curious is that annual from 2018 officially listed as part of vol. 4 and not vol. 5. I was just curious as the upcoming annual in june is listed as part of vol. 5. And if the one from last year is for vol. 4 i would need to relist it in my comics catalogue i have. So if any one could help me out that would be great. The issue is that one about symbiote suit story.

34 posts
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:50 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

My ASM 2 upgrade came in today (thumbsu

Great looking copy, congrats!

15,493 posts
1 hour ago, Philreal said:

Upgrade and paid over GPA but been looking quite a while for a well-centered copy with the full comics code stamp & #2 square visible plus it has white pages. 

ASM ANNUAL #2 CGC 7.5 FRONT 001.jpg

Sorry I cost you a few $$ on that one. Nice get!