Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread!
48 48

9,423 posts in this topic

29,737 posts

now, that's a pair of funny-books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
786 posts
23 hours ago, mosconi said:

Congrats on your new acquisition then!

Feeling fortunate to have added an early Spidey #18 while still trying to maintain a little symmetry with surrounding books.  And a shout out to Dave (DST)! (thumbsu

Both are REALLY nice books. I love good looking VF-ish silver age Spideys! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,035 posts

I believe there was a digest sized(?) ASM insert with Eye mag Feb, 1969. This is a pic of the Stan Lee 'a pretty kinky guy' interview from the mag:

EiYlFM4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29,737 posts
4 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

I believe there was a digest sized(?) ASM insert with Eye mag Feb, 1969. This is a pic of the Stan Lee 'a pretty kinky guy' interview from the mag:

EiYlFM4.jpg

 

DAC1CEC0-E4D4-49CA-A24A-763AFA5AE57A.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694 posts
1 hour ago, SECollector said:

I had been searching for a nice looking #15 in 7.5 - 8.0 for a while and I was kind of bummed when I did find my wanna-be copy in a Canadian site that wouldn't ship to Sweden. Luckily for me, Dave a.k.a. @DST is a totally awesome guy who went out of his way and ordered this for me, received it and sent it safely all over here. It is gestures like this that make the feeling of community meaningful. As I said about hundred of times already, thank you man and I owe you a big one (thumbsu

ASM-15_1398376002f.thumb.jpg.8ba06ff6dca0ca637e490906db2a063b.jpg

This issue completes my set of the Sinister Six 1st appearances and brings me a step closer to the completion of all 1st appearances of Ditko villains (I am now in the market for a #20!).

It also completes my "Summer of '64" Spidey set (hm) that featured three pretty good books over three Summer months.

IMG_0247.thumb.jpeg.56ea796d828d406163543cd1b0e120e3.jpeg

It truly was my pleasure.  I'm glad I was able to help you out.  Can't believe you're only a #20 away from completing 1-20 in this high grade.  Unbelievable accomplishment, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
786 posts
2 minutes ago, DST said:

It truly was my pleasure.  I'm glad I was able to help you out.  Can't believe you're only a #20 away from completing 1-20 in this high grade.  Unbelievable accomplishment, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, not really :sorry: I am only a #20 from completing all the 1st apps of Ditko villains, not the complete 1-20 run. I still have a few others to get there but hopefully within a year or two. But I have the big ones, so thats something I guess :banana: I have as a goal to have the complete 1-10 by the end of the year (I need 7,8 and 10) and hopefully the rest of the 1-20 next year, while filling some smaller holes in the run. This takes me more time than I had estimated back in 2017 when I was planning my action plan, but it starts to feel at least as doable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,344 posts
1 hour ago, SECollector said:

I had been searching for a nice looking #15 in 7.5 - 8.0 for a while and I was kind of bummed when I did find my wanna-be copy in a Canadian site that wouldn't ship to Sweden. Luckily for me, Dave a.k.a. @DST is a totally awesome guy who went out of his way and ordered this for me, received it and sent it safely all over here. It is gestures like this that make the feeling of community meaningful. As I said about hundred of times already, thank you man and I owe you a big one (thumbsu

 

That is so cool and what a beautiful set of Spidey villain books!  Congrats on the pick-up!  And Dave is the man! :golfclap: Also helped point me in the direction of a book I acquired and recently posted!  Thanks bud and great assist (worship)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694 posts
1 hour ago, SECollector said:

Well, not really :sorry: I am only a #20 from completing all the 1st apps of Ditko villains, not the complete 1-20 run. I still have a few others to get there but hopefully within a year or two. But I have the big ones, so thats something I guess :banana: I have as a goal to have the complete 1-10 by the end of the year (I need 7,8 and 10) and hopefully the rest of the 1-20 next year, while filling some smaller holes in the run. This takes me more time than I had estimated back in 2017 when I was planning my action plan, but it starts to feel at least as doable.

Told you I can't believe it...because it wasn't truelol  That's more than something, thats the MAIN thing!  The rest (with the exception of #11) will be alot easier to find and acquire at "reasonable" prices!!  Congrats again, what you've accomplished is super impressive, I just got ahead of myself(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694 posts
1 hour ago, mosconi said:

That is so cool and what a beautiful set of Spidey villain books!  Congrats on the pick-up!  And Dave is the man! :golfclap: Also helped point me in the direction of a book I acquired and recently posted!  Thanks bud and great assist (worship)

Thanks Andrew :acclaim:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,902 posts

Man, I went after the ASM 3 8.5 on ComicConnect HARD tonight....and still lost. Finally gave up just north of $10k. That was a gorgeous copy. At least I should have a book from the last Pedigree auction in the mail soon to console me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
195 posts

I wish I had more pre 20 issues. Only one I got is a raw whip #3. Then next lowest number is 21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29,737 posts
3 hours ago, SECollector said:

Just playing around with my books and I do love group photos. Here are my Sinister Six firsts. :cloud9: I don't have an Annual 1 nor do I plan to get it in the near future, but it would definitely look nice among them. Maybe one day...!

IMG_0260.thumb.jpeg.3c9837f7d0377215bb29b684af06400a.jpeg

likin' this group shot!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,240 posts
Posted (edited)

Boy I would love to take a look at those first Kirby sketches 🕵️‍  

Spider-Man Infographic Costume Evolution 1962-2014.png

Edited by MGsimba77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
195 posts

Ua be cool though they probably would have been something along of early captain America and probably those cowboy Era guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,753 posts

I think I’ve seen a recreation of Kirby’s initial concept; reminiscent of The Fly, IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
48 48