• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,686 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

I would but I need them. Not many honey holes left of that material. He had a TEC27 but sold it it was raw as well. I believe mid grade but I never saw it in my life I have seen all his other books but that one was in his safe at the bank. I know he paid less than $1000 for it probably like $500. I have no idea who got it just know he sold it threw a dealer in Overstreet price guide to a collector on a want list. Let's just say he had a huge smile after that happened. He has TEC1 witch is my favorite TEC of all-time yes even more than TEC27 for some odd reason. I will get that one some day maybe. It is about a 6.0 raw as well. I think his kids will get the rest witch is OK. They are pure comic book lovers and they love Batman as much as I do. They will not sell them I know them they simply grew up in comics and they also have nice collections already they purchased mostly in the 1980's and early 1990's. Their kids love Batman as well so it's a family thing for them. They got lucky they never really paid much for any of them.

I understand completely! If I may, I'd like to see any that you end up getting, so if you don't mind sharing a pic or two, I'd love to live vicariously thru your acquisitions. If not, I understand that as well. Best of luck with any others that come your way! 

1 minute ago, Batmanis#1 said:

There is another topic where I explained my situation on that it is to long to write here again.

No worries, no explanation needed. Back on to FFs, when you get started, you will likely find that there are some areas in the early run where a pretty good deal can be had. 

I had one of those "Oh yeah" moments this morning. I was looking thru one of those old Marvel Indexes put out by G&T Enterprises back in the '70s. One of the notes for FF #6 says...

Intro: The Yancy Street Gang (reference only, the Yancy Street Gang never actually appears in any story)

But remember, these came out in the '70s. I was just wondering if the YSG has, indeed, made an appearance since these came out? Or is the YSG not even referred to anymore?

re: FF 4

Back when I was a kid, the owner of The Book Stop (LCS about 2 blocks from my house) kept all the 'good' comics in a short box next to the register. I was thumbing thru it one day and pulled out a copy of FF #4. It had a price sticker on the bag for $12. Too much, I thought, for a copy with a small piece out of the LRC. I put it back.

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

re: FF 4

Back when I was a kid, the owner of The Book Stop (LCS about 2 blocks from my house) kept all the 'good' comics in a short box next to the register. I was thumbing thru it one day and pulled out a copy of FF #4. It had a price sticker on the bag for $12. Too much, I thought, for a copy with a small piece out of the LRC. I put it back.

Go back and get it. It’s worth that easy now.