• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

I’m not sure where to find out how many new Vampirella 1 variants there are, but it seems like there are at least 25. I picked up the Szerdy as well.  I got my mag size duplicates also, but was very disappointed at the quality of the cover image in particular. The Harris reprint was much closer to the original. The new one is very low resolution. Reminds me of old fanzine photocopy quality. :|

Edited by Stevemmg

13 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

I’m not sure where to find out how many new Vampirella 1 variants there are, but it seems like there are at least 25. I picked up the Szerdy as well.  I got my mag size duplicates also, but was very disappointed at the quality of the cover image in particular. The Harris reprint was much closer to the original. The new one is very low resolution. Reminds me of old fanzine photocopy quality. :|

I definitely won't be getting every cover they put out, but I had to get the copy of #1. Honestly they could have done it on a dirty napkin. If it has Frazetta on it, I have to get it. I have to say though I'm thinking they made it poor quality on purpose. They have in fact done exactly what you said and made it seem like a fanzine. 

Edited by wombat

On 7/17/2019 at 12:49 AM, Darkga said:

Happy 50th Birthday Vampirella! :luhv:

On 7/17/1969 she was born, and we fans of hers haven't been the same ever since. (worship)<3

I recently completed my high-grade Warren Vampirella run (1-113, Annual, Special) just in time for the celebration so I'm especially happy! I have not graded all of them yet, however here are my three most prized issues from the magazines that I have graded so far. FYI, all three of these books were bought RAW by me and then sent in for grading. Yes, there are still finds like these in the wild!

CDJqu43.jpg

Great trio of graded Vamps👍👍‼️

On ‎2019‎/‎07‎/‎22 at 3:23 PM, Stevemmg said:

Nice pickups.  I did find out how many variant covers there are.  I was waaayyy off with thinking 25.  There are 84 cover variants.  Yow!

yeah it is too many in my opinion as I won't be getting them all.

I ordered the large display stand from Dynamite and apparently it is supposed to come with 5 Vampirella #1 comics only available if you purchase the stand.

"Buy the Vampirella Display and you will receive 5 Limited Vampirella #1's featuring this Jose Gonzalez Cover. Available only with the Vampirella Display!"

As I absolutely love the image, I am stoked to be getting the comics as well as the stand.

Vamp1 Gonzalez.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

3 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

Well, hopefully they send you the comics. They sent me the stand, and no comics. I contacted customer service, and they say they’re sending them. That was a week and a half ago. :slapfight:

lame

On 7/31/2019 at 8:26 PM, Stevemmg said:

Well, hopefully they send you the comics. They sent me the stand, and no comics. I contacted customer service, and they say they’re sending them. That was a week and a half ago. :slapfight:

Better late than never

On ‎2019‎/‎07‎/‎31 at 6:26 PM, Stevemmg said:

so as it turns out I didn't get my comics either.

This stinks of a purposeful omission. Hoping you don't complain so they save a few bucks on comics.

I bought the stand for the comics to be truthful: irritating to not get them.

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

so as it turns out I didn't get my comics either.

This stinks of a purposeful omission. Hoping you don't complain so they save a few bucks on comics.

I bought the stand for the comics to be truthful: irritating to not get them.

So you are never getting them?