• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,384 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, DST said:

Finally a touch of GOLD in my PC :banana:My favorite GA cover with white pages :bigsmile:

81493ADD-4DE8-43C1-A022-D6BB1137CBF5.thumb.jpeg.232474d9a977802d816fdc880987de3d.jpeg

Congrats! I love that cover.  Back in 1966, Cherokee Bookshop in Hollywood had a copy in the front window with a price tag of $25.  I always looked at it, but never had that much to spend on a comic.  Over the next 3 or 4 years that book never sold, and it's cover faded and faded from the sunlight...

Another small GA Collection walked into my buddy Mark's LCS.... Mostly WDC&S, Super Comics (with Tracy), and Red Ryder … but several were pretty sharp for the mid 40's. I picked up this Duck book with the Home Improvement cover to give me a much needed laugh at all the stuff I need to do around my place. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

DSCN9694 (2).JPG

DSCN9695.JPG

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Congrats! I love that cover.  Back in 1966, Cherokee Bookshop in Hollywood had a copy in the front window with a price tag of $25.  I always looked at it, but never had that much to spend on a comic.  Over the next 3 or 4 years that book never sold, and it's cover faded and faded from the sunlight...

Thanks!  I was really fortunate to get a copy with such vibrant colors and bright whites!

1 hour ago, szav said:

Swore to myself I wouldn't buy anything during this crisis, but then this popped on ebay and I made a liar out of myself.  Not exactly rare as there's always junk copies for sale, but 6.0 feels like high grade for Ajax to me.

PhantomLady5cgc6.jpg

:applause:Congrats, cool pick up!

(..join the club, i broke my spending freeze last night too on C'Link :cry:, nothing 'special', but it was a longtime hunt and didn't break the bank :blush: ) We all can use some cheering up!

39 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

A book I’ve wanted for a while. Glad to have Harold Curtiss copy of this one. I should leave it raw I think. It’s pretty cool to crack it open and see two first appearances. 

49B928A5-9FF5-455E-97EB-CCFEA4B88EF4.jpeg

Just two first appearances?