• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Most likely they got the label right? or grabbed the wrong book for slabbing? I would question all that too. Odd that there is a IH 181 label on a NM 98 book. :whatthe:

18 minutes ago, comicgrinder said:

IMG_3054.thumb.JPG.92523372798b390aa6ad18711a511c89.JPG:acclaim:

Wow that is beautiful!

5 hours ago, Patriot6 said:

That 7.0!! :baiting:

Poke the grader. Notes about a stain on cover (must be invisible ink) and small tear on back (oh, now I see it...less than 1 cm). One good-sized spine tick. Sometimes they get it wrong too. That's all I remember the LCS reading me from the notes. Will go back for print-outs but I was in a hurry at pick-up.

I got my very first submissions back today.  They're not as pretty as 9.8s, and i'm sure many are asking "why bother?" with that 8.0, but you live and learn.  I had just come across this forum about two weeks before SDCC and prior to that had no idea that facilitators could collect sigs for you w/o having to attend cons.  So I rushed these off because I didn't know how often all 4 creators would be at the same event.  Still happy about how the books turned out, especially since this run by Loeb/Lee is what got me back into comics.  Really pleased on the signature placement of the Batman #612.

59a0da9b2e095_Batmansigs.thumb.jpg.9b172df2a08ced60500441388d8a57c0.jpg

11 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I got my very first submissions back today.  They're not as pretty as 9.8s, and i'm sure many are asking "why bother?" with that 8.0, but you live and learn.  I had just come across this forum about two weeks before SDCC and prior to that had no idea that facilitators could collect sigs for you w/o having to attend cons.  So I rushed these off because I didn't know how often all 4 creators would be at the same event.  Still happy about how the books turned out, especially since this run by Loeb/Lee is what got me back into comics.  Really pleased on the signature placement of the Batman #612.

59a0da9b2e095_Batmansigs.thumb.jpg.9b172df2a08ced60500441388d8a57c0.jpg

how do you get them to do that? i thought you had to with them during the signing?

4 hours ago, JcomicJ said:

how do you get them to do that? i thought you had to with them during the signing?

I just meant that I could pay a facilitator to collect the sigs and submit the books for me so that I, personally, wouldn't have to attend the cons.  If your question was in reference to finding facilitators, the "SigSeries Event Central" board(https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/69-sigseries-event-central/) has all the information regarding upcoming signings, events and facilitators who are accepting submissions.

6 hours ago, JcomicJ said:

"You" don't have to be physically with them, the CGC facilitator has to be physically witness and be there. If there are certain facilitators that attend several con's with people you want to add to a book or other books, then you can drop off said book or other books to be signed later in the year with said facilitator :) You can also mail said books to said facilitator, if your not able to "drop off" :) 

8 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I just meant that I could pay a facilitator to collect the sigs and submit the books for me so that I, personally, wouldn't have to attend the cons.  If your question was in reference to finding facilitators, the "SigSeries Event Central" board(https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/69-sigseries-event-central/) has all the information regarding upcoming signings, events and facilitators who are accepting submissions.

But how do I do that do I just mail the book to cgc? Then tell them what I want it's just very vague to me

54 minutes ago, JcomicJ said:

But how do I do that do I just mail the book to cgc? Then tell them what I want it's just very vague to me

Check the SigSeries Event Central board I linked.  In there you'll find people (facilitators) who attend cons.  Generally you mail them (the facilitator) your books in advance along with the creators you would like to have sign your books.  The facilitator then takes your book to the convention and gets the books signed for you and then submits it to CGC for grading.  CGC then mails you the book back after they complete the grading/slabbing process.  Make sure you submit to a reputable facilitator.  And research in advance the costs.  You'll generally pay a facilitator fee, a grading fee, shipping, and creator fees.

31 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Check the SigSeries Event Central board I linked.  In there you'll find people (facilitators) who attend cons.  Generally you mail them (the facilitator) your books in advance along with the creators you would like to have sign your books.  The facilitator then takes your book to the convention and gets the books signed for you and then submits it to CGC for grading.  CGC then mails you the book back after they complete the grading/slabbing process.  Make sure you submit to a reputable facilitator.  And research in advance the costs.  You'll generally pay a facilitator fee, a grading fee, shipping, and creator fees.

Thank you so much