• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

I guess I'll find out soon enough if this is allowed or not, but we have someone asking some TMNT 1985 #1-#4 2nd and 3rd printing questions, with a photo link, and none of us there seem to be Turtle fans, so I'd thought I'd bring this to your attention. I've never seen this before, but then I'm not up on Turtle Trivia.

LINK

I thought I'd try this thread before starting a new one.

Edited by MR SigS☺

Seems a bit odd since the book isn't all that rare, but hey, more power to the seller! I don't see anything wrong with the listing and everything seems to be on the up and up.

Maybe the seller will be on the good end of the bidding war.

Looking at the bid history, it has a "shill bidder" feel to it (the bidder with 56 feedback score).

Whatever the reason for the high price, my Spidey-senses don't trust this. Too much action too soon.

hmmmm...

Only looked at the listing itself. Didn't look at the bidders. hm

The Shadiness of this is new levels. Looks like a retracted bid? maybe max bid scoping? in any case glad I'm in house savings mode. Have to admit its been entertaining to watch though, slow day at work.

Edited by Hurtszick

Thought with only a little more than a day to go you guys might want to jump on this before it's too late:

You get a lot for the money with lots of exclusives if you kickstart it. (I am in no way affiliated with IDW or the kickstarter project)

Thought with only a little more than a day to go you guys might want to jump on this before it's too late:

You get a lot for the money with lots of exclusives if you kickstart it. (I am in no way affiliated with IDW or the kickstarter project)

Already backing! Looks to be pretty cool.

I haven't seen these before, and am happy the turtles are breaking into the role playing arena. I may be out of the loop though. I've only seen cheesy role playing turtles in the past, but not like these.

I just wanted to say I just completed my TMNT 1-4 . I'll have pics up soon. :cloud9:

Nice!! Congrats. Such a good feeling!

One day I will get 5-9 slabbed and take a nice pic. I already have a 10, which is one of my favorite turtle covers.

I have a TMNT #4 9.8 and a TMNT #4 9.6 SS. I would like to sell off one of them. Which TMNT copy should I keep? If I were to stick with the 9.6 SS I would always have a Peter Laird signature/doodle. However, a 9.8 is a nicer grade and I suppose I could always have that one signed some day in the future.

What does everyone here think?

I have a TMNT #4 9.8 and a TMNT #4 9.6 SS. I would like to sell off one of them. Which TMNT copy should I keep? If I were to stick with the 9.6 SS I would always have a Peter Laird signature/doodle. However, a 9.8 is a nicer grade and I suppose I could always have that one signed some day in the future.

What does everyone here think?

Tough call on this. For the most part I like my copies unsigned when raw. But SS is a nice way to have validation for signatures. 9.8 is a great grade on that but I'd say go with the SS 9.6. That's a very solid high-end grade and Laird's signature is already difficult enough to get...not to mention SS. Down the road, I think you could replace a 9.8 easier than the Laird signed copy.

+1

#4 9.6 LAIRD SS

The way I've been looking at my slabbed collection lately, TMNT memorabilia/collectibles and what the future holds for TMNT is that -

anything with Laird's legit signature and or sketch, is pretty darn cool.

Especially an SS book imho.

Wether an SS fan or not (I only own maybe 10ish SS slabs of out of 550+ slabs) I think having an 9.6 SS from Laird is pretty special to have in one's TMNT collection.

......don't forget how many more SS or authenticated "Herbie" Hancock's there are out there by Eastman, compared to Laird.

I have a nice mix in my collection. My 1st Print is Blue Label. My Second print is an 8.0 Signed and Remarked by Eastman and my 3rd print is a 9.4 Signed and Remarked by Laird.

Whats going on with the CGC 8.0 signature TMNT #1 (3rd printing) on Heritage that over $1000 right now in their weekly auction. Thats a $200-$300 book at best in that consition. There must be a bunch of bidders that think its a 1st printing. Otherwise Im sending my signature 9.8 to heritage.