Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
34 34

5,991 posts in this topic

9,068 posts
18 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

Well guys I got my second printing. I’ll be sending it in to be recased as it’s cracked. This is an upgrade for me compared to what I had owned before. I’m happy to finally own this book again. 

11072DC8-1D3A-4FB1-8E64-FB7747A8C7BC.thumb.jpeg.1f3798e5a6b486c16cbaf51c7df01e7e.jpeg

 

12 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

i highly doubt they would. For me though as I had said, it's not a big loss. I'm just happy to own a 2nd print again. 

I'd say it's worth a note.  I'd write something on the submission form and then put a post-it note on the case asking for its return.  They've returns certificates/bags/etc. in the past to my with my submissions, so it's not impossible.

A crafty person could turn that case into a nice signature display piece with a little effort.  Plenty of clean room to add Kevin as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357 posts
On 9/12/2019 at 9:20 PM, Turtle said:

 

I'd say it's worth a note.  I'd write something on the submission form and then put a post-it note on the case asking for its return.  They've returns certificates/bags/etc. in the past to my with my submissions, so it's not impossible.

A crafty person could turn that case into a nice signature display piece with a little effort.  Plenty of clean room to add Kevin as well. 

Alright. I’ll give it a shot. Might see if anyone from cgc here would be able to answer if they would as well. I’d absolutely love to add Kevin to it being it has Peters sig on it already 

 

What’s everyone’s thought on the going asking prices online for the Eastman/laird tmnt 100 variant. Seeing people/sites asking 200 already for it. That’s the one cover I want but no way I’d could or would pay that for it 

Edited by SpeedforceKJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,929 posts

Honestly I suspect they will do it.  Ask.  Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867 posts
On 9/11/2019 at 7:51 PM, SpeedforceKJ said:

Well guys I got my second printing. I’ll be sending it in to be recased as it’s cracked. This is an upgrade for me compared to what I had owned before. I’m happy to finally own this book again. 

11072DC8-1D3A-4FB1-8E64-FB7747A8C7BC.thumb.jpeg.1f3798e5a6b486c16cbaf51c7df01e7e.jpeg

I owned this book some years ago! Cool to see it pop back up...case was not cracked at the time though.

Edited by Callaway29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,068 posts

I always wanted to own a latex suit from the live action movies, but light research shows that it's VERY tough to keep these from seriously degrading.  This Leo is no exception.  Borderline nightmare fuel:

224234_2.jpg.1fe518c91878f2fab31d50bdebd79fda.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,143 posts
17 hours ago, Turtle said:

I always wanted to own a latex suit from the live action movies, but light research shows that it's VERY tough to keep these from seriously degrading.  This Leo is no exception.  Borderline nightmare fuel:

224234_2.jpg.1fe518c91878f2fab31d50bdebd79fda.jpg

 

Look at it this way: if they decide to do a zombie reboot of TMNT, you're all set to sell it back to 'em!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
779 posts

HAHAHAHAAH oh god that is bad!!! I clicked on the link....I think the "crotch rot" is equally terrifying!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,197 posts

My brother is a big mask guy, with over 40 masks and a life size Jason with a machete right across from his bed. I’d be more scared of this thing staring at me in the middle of the night. Grotesque! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867 posts

I’ve tried to not post this but it’s starting to boil over...Robert Wilson needs to chill with the faux turtlemania collectibles. It’s only hurting the “lightning in a bottle” phenomenon he was fortunate enough to be a part of... Am I an ahole for thinking/saying this? Much respect for his role, but...the money grabs are too blatant and too frequent to ignore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
544 posts
18 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

I’ve tried to not post this but it’s starting to boil over...Robert Wilson needs to chill with the faux turtlemania collectibles. It’s only hurting the “lightning in a bottle” phenomenon he was fortunate enough to be a part of... Am I an ahole for thinking/saying this? Much respect for his role, but...the money grabs are too blatant and too frequent to ignore.

I read a little bit about the history of Turtlemania and Metropolis...but what faux stuff are you talking about that's recent? Not trying to be dense, genuine question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867 posts
12 minutes ago, GM8 said:

I read a little bit about the history of Turtlemania and Metropolis...but what faux stuff are you talking about that's recent? Not trying to be dense, genuine question.

He’s pumping out various anniversary editions. He’s making reprints essentially...of the gold, and maybe even the silver...can’t remember. He’s been signing them and what triggered me is I see he’a got Eastman signing them now too. It’s his right to do it...but...it could be confusing to someone who isn’t well versed in these books. Browse eBay, you’ll probably see one variety or another of the remakes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,929 posts

Do you own the originals?   I get the sense you may be worried about their long term value?

Edited by Bronty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
981 posts

As long as people keep buying, he'll keep making... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,874 posts
1 minute ago, nriccijr said:

I got a bunch of junk in my tru......back seat!!

 

20191006_171839.thumb.jpg.fcf7270ea9ef0fb9fa11c2f4e72d7088.jpg

 

You got it, I bookmarked the page, but at $399, found it expensive...

How long do I have to wait to get it cheaper?

But congrats!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,874 posts

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Arcade-Machine-w-Riser-Arcade1UP/875700648?fbclid=IwAR1WB2wyM2B-guT62f_Z_CK1SW92dsQ0-zZr2Jooa18Fwc9wvbWzqPqFkes

it said that it went live online today, free 2 day shipping, but are they available in store already? hm 

Sheesh, I was tempted with the Punisher one, but really wanted this, unfortunately I have already spent too much on comics recently.....

Super Jealous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,874 posts
Posted (edited)

... if I got one, it'd be my first....

When it says "coinless operated", does that mean you get as many lives as you want?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
34 34