• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2019 at 1:30 PM, revat said:

by far my 2 best craigslist purchases (and easily my scariest non-purchase) have been in the type of situation described above. so there's that.   

Good luck!  Also I've shared this before, but another great trick (if possible), is getting the cash out ahead of time and making your offer loud enough for the wife/gf to hear or directly in front of her.  A lot of times they just want it gone and are happy to get anything, as they think its junk taking up precious space (although to be fair it often is).  Also bringing smaller bills so it looks like a fatter stack of cash (obviously make sure the bigger bills are more visible).

Reminds me of the scene from the movie "Kingpin"

$100 bill wrapped in monopoly money

Rescued this from a rubbish heap,it deserved a better fate than that!

It's just the box,but still nifty.I'll find it a new life or home.

71244967_459087694681831_622316981244972

Edited by porcupine48

4 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Love the Showgirls.That's two Atlas I've never seen in two days! :whatthe:

Shame about the six hours,but did you stop for lunch and was it good lol ?Have any fun going through the boxes? :wishluck:

Always fun going through comic boxes but dirty as heck from storage....everthing will need to be r ebagged and boarded except the half I am bulking out....not messing with that.

The Showgirls was an unexpected surprise!!  Missed it as i looked through the boxes when i bought them.  Nothing really like it in any of the boxes and not a ton of Silver & Gold in the collection.....

McDonald's was lunch and I was hungry so it was pretty tasty!:headbang:

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

Real happy for you Andy!Why timely on one of the slabs?I'm out of touch.

Thanks Jimmers!

Sandman #1 - 1st Morpheus - new Netflix series of  Sandman is being filmed as we speak.

I already had a 9.8 of #1 and was debating wether to let it go with the usual pre-series interest, but this has made it easy.

Keep one, move the other on. It wasn't cheap, but was certainly very fair. The other is Sandman Mystery Theatre #1 sketched and signed by Guy Davis which was added with the Sandman.

So yeah, good timing (and a lot of luck!)

9 hours ago, Beige said:

Thanks Jimmers!

Sandman #1 - 1st Morpheus - new Netflix series of  Sandman is being filmed as we speak.

I already had a 9.8 of #1 and was debating wether to let it go with the usual pre-series interest, but this has made it easy.

Keep one, move the other on. It wasn't cheap, but was certainly very fair. The other is Sandman Mystery Theatre #1 sketched and signed by Guy Davis which was added with the Sandman.

So yeah, good timing (and a lot of luck!)

Ah,thank you.I really hope that show is spectacular,as that series is certainly my modern(ish,okay?I'm getting old!) favourite,I've had the entire run since I was a teenager.Had to buy trades of Dream country and the Doll's House or a would have read even my readers to death.

Again,well done mate!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Decent haul of copper/modern cheapos this weekend at a garage sale. It had been advertised on CL as having comics, toys, etc. The only comics shown in the ad were some strongly priced #1's like Star Wars, Wolverine, Suicide Squad, etc. So I figured the comics wouldn't be something for me, but I was very much interested in the GI Joes pictured.

I arrived about 15 mins early, but was waiting for the official start time. There was one other guy there in his car, and he eventually got out and came up to talk to me. He told me he was there for the comics, I told him I was there for the toys, so we had a nice chat. Once the sale started I bought all of the Joes at a fair price. The other guy, in my estimation, overpaid for the "good" books mentioned above, and took off without checking out the other boxes, which is a shame for him, because that's where the good stuff was!

The seller apparently bought every #1 that came out in the 80's, bagged them up and put them away. Everything was in great shape, every single book bagged and boarded, and also in alpha order! Best garage comic sale I've ever been to!

Most of these were 50 cents, or 3/$1. I did pay $1.50 to $2 for a few. $10 for the Tank Girl and $4 for the Deadline, and couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough!

Some hot stuff I can sell easy (paid $5 for the Young Avengers 1 and 3/$1 for the rest of the run) but also lots of cheap stuff I'll gladly keep. Those Alf and Chuck Norris 1's are all mine, baby!

Some beautiful Dave books in the 50 cent bins too. Delightful morning!

IMG_8923.JPG

IMG_8924.JPG

IMG_8914.JPG

IMG_8915.JPG

IMG_8917.JPG

Nice Score!  Can't have enough Tank Girl 1's right now!

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

And here are some of the 3/$1 drek books that only I would be excited about!

IMG_8926.JPG

Dakota! :cloud9:Zatanna!:x

Always liked that Fallen Angels cover,series too.

Edit A GOLD NEW WARRIORS!? I didn't know about THAT one!:whatthe:

Now I'm serious jealous :sumo:

Edited by porcupine48