• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Agreed.  Its like someone cherry picked all the good stuff and then forgot to buy it.

Maybe they made an offer of $10 after cherry picking, and the seller was like no I'd like $20, then they just left it behind

tenor.gif?itemid=9584750

5 minutes ago, kilowatt said:

My wife said that everything they sell is donated. She was actually looking for The Little Red Hen when the woman told her that they had some "funny books" in a box and it may be in there.

Definitely a score!

1 hour ago, kilowatt said:

My wife said that everything they sell is donated. She was actually looking for The Little Red Hen when the woman told her that they had some "funny books" in a box and it may be in there.

First Soul Strangler, First Blizzard. Score! You guys had best be going to a good chop house.:flipbait:

7 hours ago, kilowatt said:

Now some of the highlights of what was inside...I guess i owe her a nice dinner out!

(worship) Truly awesome haul on your wife's part! You owe her more than just a dinner out! That is a great great score for someone who knows next to nothing about comics! You be VERY nice to her you! Congrats!

17 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Maybe they made an offer of $10 after cherry picking, and the seller was like no I'd like $20, then they just left it behind

tenor.gif?itemid=9584750

I was at a sell my stuff sale years back that advertised comics ($1 a piece).  They only let a few people in at a time and the first guy (looked like a junker) just made an offer of $100 for all - there had to be about 6-8 longs.  The offer was rejected, and then I went to work grabbing a ton of great mess for $1, ASM, VOB 1st print - grabbed about 60 books and the cute girl working there gave me another discount (didn't even ask lol) when I checked out!   

Some people really are lazy!

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

True story. Was at a flea market many  years ago and walked up on a booth. Lady had 3 comics from the very early 1950’s. A Bugs Bunny, a WDCS and a Detective. That was it. 

Of course, a guy was standing there with them in his hand. He asked how much and the lady said $3. each. The guy dropped two and offered $2. for the Detective. She told him no that her price was fair. He mumbled something, dropped it and left. 

I quickly picked them all up and handed her a ten spot and told her to keep the change as her price was more than fair. 

It gets better...

I went home and grabbed my Overstreet. It seems that Detective #168 was origin of the Joker! I really had no idea when I bought it. Just knew it was an old Detective.  Still have it and smile every time I look at it. 

Sometimes, the Gods smile down upon you...

That price was more than fair 😂 congrats 

23 hours ago, kilowatt said:

Now some of the highlights of what was inside...I guess i owe her a nice dinner out!

IMG_20200830_132300226.jpg

IMG_20200830_132627318.jpg

IMG_20200830_132942857.jpg

IMG_20200830_133212375.jpg

IMG_20200830_133649685.jpg

What a score. Love the Alf #48. Wow, your wife is a real keeper! 

My wife is an antique dealer. She hits estate sales, tag sales, flea markets and the like. She knows nothing about comics other than if they have a 10-12 cent cover price, they are probably worth picking up. 

I have come home several times to find a box on the table. Her instincts are usually right. Best find was about 75 GA books for $100. And 4 boxes of pulps. Not your average pulps but the cool Spicy, Horror and Crime pulps. Hauling around all her flea market picks has paid off in spades. 

She often rolls her eyes and tells people “He loves those weird ones. Anything with a girl chained to a wheel”.  :roflmao:

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

True story. Was at a flea market many  years ago and walked up on a booth. Lady had 3 comics from the very early 1950’s. A Bugs Bunny, a WDCS and a Detective. That was it. 

Of course, a guy was standing there with them in his hand. He asked how much and the lady said $3. each. The guy dropped two and offered $2. for the Detective. She told him no that her price was fair. He mumbled something, dropped it and left. 

I quickly picked them all up and handed her a ten spot and told her to keep the change as her price was more than fair. 

It gets better...

I went home and grabbed my Overstreet. It seems that Detective #168 was origin of the Joker! I really had no idea when I bought it. Just knew it was an old Detective.  Still have it and smile every time I look at it. 

Another illustration of the rule I live by: appreciate a good deal when you find it, and don't get greedy!

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

It gets better...

It's stories like these (and 90% of the people that buy comics at estate auctions) it makes me believe there are a LOT of non comic buyers out there!   Outstanding grab, amazing out of those three random books that TEC book would be there....