Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
56 56

12,064 posts in this topic

2,087 posts
19 hours ago, Big.Daddy said:

 

My second Golden Age comic!!

Bought this at a antique store in Sacramento!!

20190606_124356.jpg

20190606_124414.jpg

20190606_124400.jpg

20190606_124419.jpg

Is that an original cover?  The colours look almost too good not to be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,087 posts
19 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

My dining room table (actually it's the kitchen table) last night... I needed a place to sort. It's clear now, because my husband's wife is not as understanding as he is;)

86780340_2019-06-0521_40_20.thumb.jpg.a5185626baaa6f9bc5d6c863a933d171.jpg706349228_2019-06-0521_40_09.thumb.jpg.96174688e13827f2b6fa9d0ec99e1572.jpg

Dining room tables are overrated anyway, as long as you have a toilet or sink what more do you need?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,884 posts
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, spreads said:

Dining room tables are overrated anyway, as long as you have a toilet or sink what more do you need?

Refrigerators?

I had to erase what I wrote before, I made myself cringe, lol.

I was remembering when a friend traveled to Europe with her BF and she told a group of us about him using a sink instead of the communal toilet...it was a shock to us all, lol..

Never wanted to stay in one of those places again...

Edited by skypinkblu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,087 posts
6 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Refrigerators?

I had to erase what I wrote before, I made myself cringe, lol.

I was remembering when a friend traveled to Europe with her BF and she told a group of us about him using a sink instead of the communal toilet...it was a shock to us all, lol..

Never wanted to stay in one of those places again...

Well I'm not talking about eating on the can! lol

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20,012 posts
6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Refrigerators?

I had to erase what I wrote before, I made myself cringe, lol.

I was remembering when a friend traveled to Europe with her BF and she told a group of us about him using a sink instead of the communal toilet...it was a shock to us all, lol..

Never wanted to stay in one of those places again...

When I was in Europe many moons ago as a young hippie, we stayed in some real sketchy Paris hotels. No peeing in the sink but you had to go down the hall to hit the rest room. Real funky but when you had no money...  And, best time of my life!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
739 posts

Cheap pick ups from a yard sale and library sale. Brave and the Bold is the Loot Crate edition.

20190606_204254.thumb.jpg.e925f8be9c05c4e03dd82e85800ffd09.jpg

20190606_205026.thumb.jpg.c096bea860aa211b021a16cdbb559eff.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,446 posts
1 hour ago, srezvan said:

Cheap pick ups from a yard sale and library sale. Brave and the Bold is the Loot Crate edition.

20190606_204254.thumb.jpg.e925f8be9c05c4e03dd82e85800ffd09.jpg

20190606_205026.thumb.jpg.c096bea860aa211b021a16cdbb559eff.jpg

Hmm, i've not heard of Can't Get No by Veitch. 

Let us know if it's any good. 

Patrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,520 posts

 I’m sitting at an estate auction anyone have an opinion on what a goodbye for this box would be 

B370B8C9-BD04-476F-A5CD-33EAD8DC6716.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20,012 posts
3 minutes ago, Bird said:

 I’m sitting at an estate auction anyone have an opinion on what a goodbye for this box would be 

B370B8C9-BD04-476F-A5CD-33EAD8DC6716.jpeg

2 bucks each maybe. The FF4 one is the best...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20,012 posts

The Chitty, Journey into Center of the earth and the Hanna Barbera ones sell pretty well too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,922 posts
11 minutes ago, Bird said:

 I’m sitting at an estate auction anyone have an opinion on what a goodbye for this box would be 

B370B8C9-BD04-476F-A5CD-33EAD8DC6716.jpeg

Recent similar lot on eBay 

IMG_5263.thumb.PNG.286257c2973ae20e82baf8a788ed94b9.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,617 posts
6 hours ago, Eddragon said:

Went treasure hunting today and found this stack of books for less than $20

Here are two quick pics.

AAD20419-15DA-48E4-9658-F86BB45AC50E.jpeg

63453E70-C5E8-4B25-80C4-335FC3E5792C.jpeg

show us all the books not just 2 of them! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20,012 posts
17 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Estate auction today.....came home with these.

 

20190608_152717.jpg

20190608_152551.jpg

Wow, cool! Been a while since I’ve seen books like that at an estate sale. Did you get all the comics or were there more? Any deals? We need the back story...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
459 posts
11 hours ago, comics4all said:

show us all the books not just 2 of them! 

Here are pics after swapping out the old bags for new bags and boards...

32 books in the pics with another dozen or so books not shown ( Image, 80s Jonah Hex, wizard 0s, and a origins of marvel comics tpb)

 

ACCD24AD-1554-4086-B9AA-5A3A18075C95.jpeg

08000507-5674-4F05-9DC9-24A03392B30C.jpeg

3BEC4A9A-55B9-4FA1-A9FE-63F732250E04.jpeg

D6D3D188-F8E2-42D7-BD1C-D83F92FED056.jpeg

1FB01F64-5AFA-4B50-9D69-604951BB1182.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
739 posts

Picked up some magazines. Not pictured - a rough copy of Nightmare Winter Special #1 from 1973.

20190608_184629.thumb.jpg.fcc1fffeb4cf0b21ea73060c432a6a41.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,965 posts
12 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Estate auction today.....came home with these.

 

20190608_152717.jpg

20190608_152551.jpg

Great pickups! Always loved the cover on the Action and to come away with two! Well done 👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351 posts
14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, cool! Been a while since I’ve seen books like that at an estate sale. Did you get all the comics or were there more? Any deals? We need the back story...

It was an estate auction so I had to bid against a couple guys to get them.  There were other comics but mostly trash....I got the ones I wanted!  Averaged around $100 each so while not a steal it was a decent enough price....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
56 56