• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

Yeah, I actually went back a few pages in this thread to figure out how long ago that was.  It was back in June of 2014.  If I do the math, it's actually a little less than $10.  I got a package deal for a bunch of really good condition magazines for $100.  Here's the old post:

148341.jpg

It's a great shop.  I was able to get these two a few weeks later really cheap as well.  The owner just doesn't really care about magazine size comics.

150085.jpg

I really love this cover (1981). For some reason, I bought more of these than a sane person should have back then and never opened them (except for one reader copy, of course). I have a few others out for Claremont, Janson, Gulacy and Shooter signatures.

Bizarre Adventures 27.jpg

10 hours ago, Ron C. said:

I really love this cover (1981). For some reason, I bought more of these than a sane person should have back then and never opened them (except for one reader copy, of course). I have a few others out for Claremont, Janson, Gulacy and Shooter signatures.

Bizarre Adventures 27.jpg

• (worship)

19 hours ago, Ron C. said:

Cool Cover :) I was born in '81, nice to know something awesome happened!!! Besides a very hot summer (I was born in July, I know TMI)

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cool Cover :) I was born in '81, nice to know something awesome happened!!! Besides a very hot summer (I was born in July, I know TMI)

I love the way Paul Gulacy drew Iceman as translucent and Jean Grey's Phoenix was certainly one of the more popular characters at that time.  It's also pretty cool having 2 of the 4 9.8 SS on the CGC census (both being WP).  :smile:

20 hours ago, chevalmeow said:

I need to get a copy of that Bizarre Adventures for my set.  Very nice group.

Today, I got this nice copy in the mail:

Ks6hBuP.jpg

The 5 remaining raw copies of Bizarre Adventures #27 look to be solid 9.6's (one or two spine ticks max, but all likely WP). If anyone needs a raw copy for their collection (for something else interesting), please let me know.

1 hour ago, Brian48 said:

Awesome copy.  Savage Tales #1 seems to be a forgotten key these days.  Love this book more than Conan #1.

Savage tales 1 is all kinds of awesome. Not only does it have what I consider to be one of the best Conan covers ever it has the first man thing appearance drawn by Morrow. I love this book:cloud9:  

6 hours ago, chevalmeow said:

Thanks!  It is pretty nice except for the bend at the bottom of the spine.  Otherwise, much better than a lot that I have seen for sale.

So, I am very happy as I got it for myself for my birthday last week.

:)

You got yourself a great birthday gift (thumbsu

I didn't buy any new magazines this week, but I finally took some photos of #6, 10-11 + Annual 1, and I'm done with the set - I think hm :wink:

Took 8 or 9 years to build the set, all but #7 are highest graded.

Unavngivetxxx.jpg

Larger photos can be found here:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=2548

And then there's this one with my 5-year-old son. I'm not good at taking photos, sorry about the red eyes, sigh:

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by Rune