HULK # 1 CLUB
25 25

3,209 posts in this topic

1,982 posts
7 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

It's a frankenbook (IGB).  They sold the first few resto books really well and got huge money...till everyone realized they aren't much more than a reprint.

The scans for these kinds of books are so convincing -- unless of course you want to say that they're unconvincing by being simply too good to be true.  I can't even pick out color touch in most scans ... and whenever I look at a restored book with notes saying that whole pieces have been added, I struggle to see where the "seams" are.  I would love to know (or better yet, see) what condition this apparent 9.8 would have been in before the restoration.

Can anyone point me to photos or a video detailing the process?  I'm so curious to see how this is done.

1,672 posts
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

It's a frankenbook (IGB).  They sold the first few resto books really well and got huge money...till everyone realized they aren't much more than a reprint.

Awww, the non-purple label threw me off.  I guess I need to read the label closer HAHA. Still very good looking.

Edited by Xenosmilus

1,672 posts
2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

The scans for these kinds of books are so convincing -- unless of course you want to say that they're unconvincing by being simply too good to be true.  I can't even pick out color touch in most scans ... and whenever I look at a restored book with notes saying that whole pieces have been added, I struggle to see where the "seams" are.  I would love to know (or better yet, see) what condition this apparent 9.8 would have been in before the restoration.

Can anyone point me to photos or a video detailing the process?  I'm so curious to see how this is done.

It would be cool if they sold restored books with before and after photos!

1,192 posts
3 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I think its just a matter of amazing resto work.  There's amateur level restoration and then there's high level professional work like that Hulk 1.

3,591 posts
Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2020 at 6:22 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Good shot at getting a 1.0 wuth a resub or sending to Voldy imo. I’ve seen them change their minds on a AF 15 resub.  Great 0.5 IMO 

Edited by Chicago Boy

2,339 posts
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Awww, the non-purple label threw me off.  I guess I need to read the label closer HAHA. Still very good looking.

you thought it was unrestored 9.8 for 17k???  :tonofbricks: :shy:

Edited by GAMBIT

1,672 posts
3 minutes ago, GAMBIT said:

you thought it was unrestored 9.8 for 17k???  :tonofbricks: :shy:

Yep. I was a dumb !

397 posts

Hulk 1 CGC 9.0 White Pages sold for 200k over at ComicLink.

1,449 posts
5 minutes ago, goodrockrich said:

I can't tell you how many collectors would give their right arm for a Hulk 1 in any grade.  You should be proud.

I couldn't have achieved my goal without your help!

13,757 posts
6 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Wow!  Kind of puts my 1.5 to shame.

IH 1 in any grade is great.  Yours deserves no shame :smile:

397 posts

One of the best covers of all the SA in my opinion.