• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, littledoom said:

I'm sure there are a bunch of guys from the 60s and 70s who wish they would have held onto their issues justa tiny bit more ;) 

Oh man, I have a long list of books I sold way too soon. But, my wife likes to remind me, "You were happy with the money you got at the time!" I guess that helps? ha

19 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I am amazed at the amount of income being spent on books like that during this 
time with GDP down and unemployment way up. Be the last thing I would do
especially on books that are not a deal currently.

Agreed, but it's the make up of restlessness perhaps, got to pass the time somehow. Another thing, purchasing and waiting for mail that hasn't closed due to the virus, can be a "addicting" but also create a "fullfillment" that something in life is happening even though most of the time today I'm bored out of my misery :roflmao: 

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Super low interest rates definitely helps.  I don't know where you live, but the housing market where I am is at all-time craziness!  

10 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I remember about five years ago when I bought a ton of keys I never had on ebay .. glad I bought them back then.. the prices today are nuts especially w taxes!!

Amen! lol it's a tough thing the taxman, I didn't know per se to ever "expect it" to come online, but knew if it did it would curb my enthusiasm....... 

That said, it's good that we still have some what the garage sales and used bookstores to shop :wishluck:lol I went yesterday to the used bookstore, cause I hadn't been in a month, just hoping and praying against hope.

I didn't buy anything, but they had got a Walking Dead #163 in. Small potatoes, but in my heart I thought, I like where this is going lol maybe they'll get more :tonofbricks: it was silly but uplifting at the same time haha

6 hours ago, spreads said:
7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Super low interest rates definitely helps.  I don't know where you live, but the housing market where I am is at all-time craziness!  

Yes we went thru this 10 years ago when it crashed last time. I took advantage them. 

Like I said its just not a time to be splurging. Of course when a deal comes along thats different.

Edited by fastballspecial

33 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:
7 hours ago, spreads said:
8 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes we went thru this 10 years ago when it crashed last time. I took advantage them. 

Like I said its just not a time to be splurging. Of course when a deal comes along thats different.

I feel the same. Cost is through the roof for books, along with spending.
Same for OA! People just dropping loads of cash. Great if you are selling...absolute terrible time to be buying IMO. 

10 hours ago, spreads said:

Big time. Just refinanced. 

Also, people saved a ton of money with daycares closed.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 8/2/2020 at 12:45 AM, Corona smith said:

So getting $40 in credit for comics is a bad move? That’s about what they were selling for back then if that. So the price is spot on. Generally any comics sold goes into buying more comics for me so credits fine and I avoid handling someone’s sweaty cash.

At some point maybe you can bring something relevant to the conversation instead of being a troll. 

Yes. If you actually had any experience in that area you would know that more often than not, the dealer is more informed than you are. As to contributions, what do you call your recent infatuation with me? lol