Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
102 102

49,010 posts in this topic

10,348 posts
48 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Where are they in the stores? I stopped by the Walmart by my house but no luck finding the DC display I see in a lot pictures. Sped through the toy aisle and the books aisle and didn't see anything. I was in a hurry, so there's a good chance I overlooked them.

They are not with those things, usually by the registers with Pokemon and such.

263 posts
48 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Where are they in the stores? I stopped by the Walmart by my house but no luck finding the DC display I see in a lot pictures. Sped through the toy aisle and the books aisle and didn't see anything. I was in a hurry, so there's a good chance I overlooked them.

They are up by the checkout area, there is an aisle with cards and stuff.

17,886 posts

Keep in mind some Walmarts just don't carry those 100 Page Giants. Of the 7 locally only 4 of them
carry those books in my area. All of them had them at the beginning and some still have them while
others dropped order them.

7,132 posts

Ah yeah. Looked in the cards area, too and no luck. Must be one of the stores that stopped carrying them. Actually, it didn’t really  have a great selection of cards. Makes sense 

2,762 posts
42 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not to pry, but I got one, are you saying this is more a turnover thing? (Some think flip is a dirty word)

I didn't go for Batman damned #1 because that was, imo, silly, but this one I was going to hold...

I'm not too familiar, will no one remember this book if A) it doesn't get recalled? B) does?

It seems people are basically talking about this book because it's a Women in Refrigerators sort of thing, and the book that that controversy is named after is 25 years old and doesn't go for much

7,002 posts
1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It seems people are basically talking about this book because it's a Women in Refrigerators sort of thing, and the book that that controversy is named after is 25 years old and doesn't go for much

Thanks, I can understand if it gets recalled that it might survive in memory longer as it would be on a CGC label. But since it hasn't been yet, it's the unknown that has me spell bound lol

2,003 posts
12 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That's a legit undervalued book in my humble opinion.  There's a sweet UPC variant too that I think was sold in 3 packs at Toys R Us exclusively that is important.  I think that this is the kind of stuff that people are going to want (much like pre-code horror) in the future.  

418 posts

So there's this Superman #7, Batman #4 for Jinny Hex, Teen Titans #1 for Disruptor (?), and I think the Halloween giant was hot for a minute. Are there others that have key events or particularly noteworthy stories?

648 posts
On 1/21/2019 at 8:15 PM, fastballspecial said:

Keep in mind some Walmarts just don't carry those 100 Page Giants. Of the 7 locally only 4 of them
carry those books in my area. All of them had them at the beginning and some still have them while
others dropped order them.

Has anyone seen these at Canadian locations yet?

699 posts
44 minutes ago, Lobo1969 said:

I’ve checked a couple, but have not seen any.

11,604 posts
49 minutes ago, Lobo1969 said:

US walmart exclusive. Walmart of Canada tweeted that when DC first launched the 100 page giants.

648 posts
12 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

US walmart exclusive. Walmart of Canada tweeted that when DC first launched the 100 page giants.

Thanks, good to know.

20,952 posts
13 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

I bought five this morning.........:baiting:

Just kidding. I looked for them when we hit Walmart for work Christmas exchange gifts and was told none of the Canadian stores carry them.

Edited by kimik

648 posts
8 minutes ago, kimik said:

I bought five this morning.........:baiting:

Just kidding. I looked for them when we hit Walmart for work Christmas exchange gifts and was told none of the Canadian stores carry them.

Walmart is just not in my wheelhouse for buying.... anything!

868 posts

Lady Death Hellraiders #1 Bombshell cover is looking to be a hot item. Mycomicshop looks to be already sold out and there are no cover price BIN's on eBay right now.

20,952 posts
42 minutes ago, Lobo1969 said:

Walmart is just not in my wheelhouse for buying.... anything!

My wife buys garbage bags there every so often since they fit our main household garbage can the best. (thumbsu

648 posts
3 hours ago, kimik said:

My wife buys garbage bags there every so often since they fit our main household garbage can the best. (thumbsu

If one stops shopping at Walmart then one has much less worry about garbage accumulating in their household. ;)

7,183 posts
On January 22, 2019 at 11:34 AM, Nico Esq said:

That's a legit undervalued book in my humble opinion.  There's a sweet UPC variant too that I think was sold in 3 packs at Toys R Us exclusively that is important.  I think that this is the kind of stuff that people are going to want (much like pre-code horror) in the future.  

What's the 25-year-old book you guys are referencing? I either forgot or never knew! Sorry for slight derail but I'm racking my brain and it's making me nuts :ohnoez:

4,572 posts
1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

What's the 25-year-old book you guys are referencing? I either forgot or never knew! Sorry for slight derail but I'm racking my brain and it's making me nuts :ohnoez:

Green Lantern (v.3) 54

7,132 posts
1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

Green Lantern #54

WomaninRefrigerator.jpg